T3 with levothyroxine

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys, im from the U.K. This is my first post. I have got so fed up with my uncontrollable underactive thyroid. I apparently have normal TSH and T4 levels over the 19 years i have had it. Im now nearly 30 and they symptoms are still debilitating. I asked for my ft3 to be tested as they do not do that here. It is very low but the Dr will not prescribe any t3 replacement. I have just bought some but I do not know if i should carry on taking 125mcg of levothyroxine and start the t3. Any advice on dosing would be helpful?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

this might be interesting to thyroid sufferers.  The Spire hospital  (Cardiff ) and I am sure it probably applies to other UK hospitals.have a new private system. Instead of paying the higher  figure to  consultants they have a system whereby you can ring up the Spire (BUPA), and ask to see a GP ( this has only been in force  about 5 weeks ) It will cost £120 or £100 pounds to see the GP I was so lucky to see Dr GNeeta Joshi (would never go to anyone else). She spent the whole 30 mins   listening to my problems  ( thyroid and other )  She actually took a bit longer than the allocated time  and was lovely. As a result of the "chat" she suggested i had aThyroid test there... The whole point of this is that the hospital and the GP's have agreed a special rate for the test..... in my case £125.  This was well worth everything because it was discovered that after being  Hypothyroid for 25 years i had now become  hyperthyroid. I will leave that with you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.