Tablet Advice Please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I've had anxiety for around 10 years now (i'm 27) and have finaly decided to try tabelts as my bad days are getting mroe often and the waiting list for more therapy is too long - I've already been waiting 2 months.

My question is with regard to tablets - i'm seeing my docotor today to disucss my options but I wanted opinions from poeple that have tried tabets. I want t know what ones work best for them and what didn't work so well. Also what the side effects did you have to start with/on going. Im already feeling sick and barely eating from anxiety so i cant really afford to feel more sick from side affects and not eat at all.

Thank you

1 like, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christine,

. I am sorry to hear how you are feeling.

I never wanted to take AD, for me personally I went to the Dr, when I was slightly depressed, I dont think I needs AD, But she gave me citalopram 20mg, but I had a severe bad reaction to them, I only took one tablet, and 4 hours later I had the runs , stomach ache and theworst panic attack of my life, I thought ibwas I a dream. I swore ide never take AD again, but unfortunately the panic and anxiety got worse and worse, and led to deep depression, I was not eating I was suicidal.

So after a moth I went back to Drs , she prescribed sertraline 50mg , I was sooo scared, but I had to do something! I started with taking just a quarter of the tablet then half the after a week I took the full dose, and now 5 weeks on, I'm feeling 85% normal again, eating and sleeping.

The side affects for me were, increased anxiety, but my Dr gave me diazipam to h we lp calm that, I felt tired, heavy, couldn't sleep more that 2 or 3 hours x dry mouth. But after 2 weeks this all went, thank god!

I have friends who do take citalopram, and jt works well for them, but for me, big NO, what ever you start, start a low dose! You will feel worse before better. But you will get better, so its good that you are getting meds, you are takingvstaeps in the right direction.

Its a bit of a long process, but you will get better. Please remember to be patient and hang in their with the meds. Everyone reacts different to Ad, sometimes it takes time to find the right meds and dose for you.

Good luck, and god bless x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks I was prescribed beta blockers today but I'm unsure if tthey're the correct type of tablet as I saw a different doctor I'm going to try to talk to the doctor u usually see tomorrow. He has prescribed me setreline in the past so I wonder if he will advice that instead thank you
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

So from my experince and listening to others, is that these meds are trial and error.What works for one may not for another.My suggestion is to go with what doc first suggests but find the list of side effects.If you experience bad results stop taking and go see doctor.I have gone to client support groups and what one drug has helped someone ,another it has not been beneficial .If I mention the drugs I tried ,I dont want to have you feel anxious or refuse the one that may have worked.Sometimes the first one is good ,but like I stated before you may have to experiment.I understand ,they will do what is best.Remember to immediatly report negative side effects to doctor.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks I was prescribed beta blockers today but I'm unsure if tthey're the correct type of tablet as I saw a different doctor I'm going to try to talk to the doctor u usually see tomorrow. He has prescribed me setreline in the past so I wonder if he will advice that instead thank you
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

If you are havein a bad day, try finding something to do, Walking helps for me.

With the meds / tablet ?

My suggestion is (Trazodone) the side effects is sleep. When you wake up you will have the munchies ! Guaranteed.

please note: Trazodone ls a knockout pill.

Take you tablet / meds everyday, if you don't take them everyday like you apost to that's what make you feel sick.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Christine lovey..

Bless you ..depression is black...COLD. ..scary and lonely. ...however, I must agree with the other lady. ...I was really bad....MY lovely GPUT me on sertraline and lyrica.... ( excellent for anxiety

I have been on the maximum doses for many, many years. ..and sertraline. ..literally, ,saved, you life,,,,I can smile again, ,,hope again, ,,and I want !! To wake up in the morning.....I wish you so much peace, happiness and countless hugs,,,,,,,dee xxxxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It depends on what you can or cant handle. All medicines will be short term. Many are addictive and only work for a set amount of time and then You have to slowly wean off them and deal with withdrawls. It will be trial and error. Everyone reacts differently. Some have great luck and others they make it all worse.Then there are meds as needed. I have done both in my life, i cant use medicatiins for any of it anymore anyway. The meds were nice you can function better when you get the right ones for you. But its short term..a few years maybe.then. You get back to aquare one sometimes unless you really worked at it. Pills are given very easily. Cbt would be a good idea. You can learn it on your own from books. Proper breathing from the belly very imoortant too. Go on ointerest and see all the stuff on anxiety, panic attacks on there too. Just you need to realize these meds, beta blockers (blood pressure meds so expect a time to adjust)..etc..all addictive so when they dont work as well you just need to wean off very slowly and carefully. And always check interactions with other meds even otc ones. And some foods or drinks, grapefruit juices..etc.. Cant mix them. So just be aware of that. Still some people really are very pleased with using medicnes so its a peronal choice. 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up