taken off Prozac 60mg cold turkey and put on Zoloft 100mg

Posted , 2 users are following.

My medicine change happened about a month ago.  Dr switched me to Zoloft and took Prozac away immediately.  I was fine the first week and crashed after that.  Severe anxiety, obessesive thoughts about all my physical symptoms.  Worry, worry, worry. I wake up every morning and feel like I can't face the day.  Dr. put me back on Prozac 20mg. almost a week ago.  I take Xanax XR 1mg twice a day but I can't tell that I am taking anything for anxiety right now.  No appetite and my body just tingles.  I hate feeling like this. I haven't felt this bad in probably over 10 years.  Anybody ever go through this before.  Also I went through a move about a year ago from a large city to a small town.  It's been tough.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am no expert, but, I think that maybe he should have weaned you off the Prozac. How much were you taking?
    • Posted

It was 60 mg of Prozac that I was on. I have a lot of anxiety about changing medications. Just today my doctor changed me to Paxil 20 mg
  • Posted

Wow sounds like a lot of meds. Why the changes?
    • Posted

Trying to get my anxiety/depression under control. I wasn't expecting him to change my antidepressant again. Very anxious about getting off Xanax XR. They won't prescribe benzo's where I go. I am going to taper off of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.