Taking .25 sometimes .5 at night for sleep

Posted , 2 users are following.

For three months I have taken either .5 or .25 for sleep.  I have never taken it no more thatn three or 4 times a week.  I was recently put on zoloft a week ago and my doctor says I can do klonopin every night till the zoloft kicks in which is maybe two weeks. I am nervous about doing it every night.  Will I experience withdrawls or insomnia from stopping. I know it is such a low dose and I only use it for sleep.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Oh Sweetie, PLEASE research these meds NOW, before you 'get in any deeper'.... And get a friend or relative to read/research with you, for perspective and support. And whatever you do, whatever your choices, DO NOT EVER stop or reduce suddenly. BOTH of these meds have unbelievable side-effect/adverse-effect profiles. They are very capable of causing WAY more troubles than what you have now or had before starting them. And Zoloft reduces the benzo metabolism, which basically makes it stronger and causes it to accumulate/build up in the body. benzo org. B.I.C.(benzodiazepine information coalition).  W-Bad(world benzodiazepine awareness day).  benzobuddies.    DOZENS of facebook support groups... benzodiazepine recovery...  There IS no 'low dose'; taking it no more than a few times a week is a HUGE plus. Please, please research now, and best of luck to you. 

• Posted

I have insomnia. Had it now for 6 yrs. Now i'm on ambien but it stopped working so i take half a .5 xanax about 2 hrs before the ambien but now  they stopped working   I was on Klonapin till i read up on it.  Horrible. so i got off by weaning. I need something for sleep since i have horrible pain from a fall but nothing is helping. I want to follow your post to see what others say.to do for sleep.   Read up on Klonopin. Stevie Nicks from Fleetwood Mac was on them and she was talking about how bad they are..I need something to help me sleep, i haven't had more than 3 hrs sleep for the last 6 yrs and need it so bad. I feel like a zombie. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.