Taking a wholistic route. Ill keep everyone updated.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

Ive been toying with the idea of surgery for about 6 months now. My prolapse began to get pretty uncomfortable even though I was excercising. But to be honest I was not being very consistent. Life kept getting in the way. I visited a NEW Gyno in Jan. and he felt I should give Physical Rehab a good try. He also mentioned that if it goes well & stay on course througout my life I may never need surgery! I was skeptical but he set me up with a Rehab Clinician who specialized in Prolapse therapy. 

First visit was today. She performed base line tests and it was great to see where I was faltering in my excercises on the electronic graph. Her machine could see how effective my kegal squeezes were and in relation to my different core muscles. My prolapse is around a stage 3 but it feels sometimes like a 4 1/2 when Im standing too long or sitting in the office chair too long. Ugh. 

I learned there are a lot more muscles in there than I thought! No wonder Im not working them right. I do like to excercise, just can't seem to make the time. Im going to make the time so Im crossing my fingers that I can make this work.     

The visits do cost but a fraction of the cost of a operation. I was told I should give it at least 6 weeks before I feel a huge difference. Thats really only a few months & am willing to work hard towards a better lifestyle. Worth a good go.

Love all the ladies that post who have had surgery. God Bless You! The body is a miraculous thing & Im sure with time you will heal. I may still be in your shoes some day as time will tell. For now, Im giving it my best shot. 

I will keep those on the fence posted. 

Roxi 

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi all,

Due to users reporting confusion/disagreements in one thread in this discussion I have deleted the whole sub discussion as off topic. 

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Week 4

GREAT NEWS!! Good things are happening Down there! lol. 

Its been a few weeks since last update. 

*I no longer have to lube myself down there in fear of chaffing. Things have tightened up. I still use a little vaseline once in awhile but much less! 

*I can get through grocery shopping without the sense of my insides falling out. 

*I have a huge decrease in back pain. 

*BM's are much better. Things arent falling out when I push. 

*My strength has improved drastically and shows on graph with Physiotherapist. 

Doing my excercises 2X daily. Regardless of what is going on in my life. I will not go to bed without doing them and take time every morning - No excuses. Im tired of my insides falling out. 

Only new excercise given was:

** to now STAND & Kegal Sqeeze 2 seconds & release 2 seconds - 5X. (Called rapid conractions. Can stand now as my strength has increased. )

***ballet plie - Standing - Keal Squeeze -  do a slight squat - back up - and relax - 5X. 

Notes: I am drawing a conclusion that I am in this state because of a lifetime of not excercising these key muscle groups. It feels like its taking sooo long. But a lifetime is hard to overcome. 

Also - Ive noticed that Im very, very weak when I do my Kegals and any kind of pelvic floor excercise when Im laying down and my legs are straight out in front of me. Im much stronger when my knees are bent. I feel like this is why, when Im standing up straight, my insides feel like they are falling out.  

So - On my own - I started doing a LOT basic Kegal Sqeezes laying down with my legs straight out, in bed. I have worked up to doing agressive - Kegal squeezes with tummy tuck - in combo with sqeezing my BUM. FEELS GREAT! 

I havnt felt this good in a long while. 

I also now feel confident to do (Quality) excercises while sitting & driving in the car. ( I think starting slow and building is the key to getting things slowly tucked in properly. I know its frustrating. But well worth the wait.)

## I still have pressure but everything is much better. Im hoping things continue on this healing path. Well see. 

• Posted

Hi Roxigirl, so glad you are having great sucess. I did in my bladder area before my rectocelle opeartion. Your post has made me find a new physio  one that uses the elec feedback and I will be starting with her once I see my doctor for my post op check up at about 8 weeks I am just 12 days now. I can't do them until then as I might undo my sitches etc. So you have helped me and once I start back on my exercises and see my new physio I too will post how I am going, but after much sucess last time ven with basic exercises I am really keek to get restarted and so positive that I will see great results.  Thanks again and keep posting and smiling. PS not aqsy finding a physio who usues the feedback equipment. They dont state it in their adverts etc and I had to call and ask 10 befroe a found one that used it.

• Posted

Hi Tilley, So sorry I didnt see this. My dearest 4 legged family member has been very ill and Ive slipped on everything. He died a week ago from Cancer & am pulling my life back together. Miss him so much! 

Anyhow, Im so, so glad this has helped you! Its helping me heaps but so far no cure. Its been very slow. So slow Im not really noticing the little things that have changed! No longer wearing the tight panties everytime I get up. Just sometimes. Of course, now, I dont get out of bed without doing a whole bunch of kegal excercises & then go & do more later when I have time. 

Take Care & blessings to you and the rest of the ladies. : ) 

• Posted

Soory for your loss, I have a cat over 18 of our years she is on medication but is deaf and blind in one eye and has become so nervous because of it. She spend sher time lounging in the sun and I know it would probably be humane thing to do ti take her to vet but she is so scared I don't want her last moments to be in fear. So as long as long as the meds are working I will just let him soak up the sun. With me just 19 days post op I know I would not have the emotional or physical strenth to deal with whole putting her to sleep thing. Bet that sounds bit selfish, do want best for him but hate to see him scared . Looking forward to starting back at exercises and hope they have streched my muscles too much that the exercises no longer work. Good luck with yours , please keep posting . 
  • Posted

Week 5!

Running a little behind in my progress as LIFE got in the way. My boy (4 legged) was very sick and died last week. Pulling it together. Heavy sigh...

New excercises - STANDING - Very hard for me to do correctly & warned to not do a lot - right now....

*Standing - Kegal Squeeze - Properly - 5 second hold & Release - 5X - 2X a day.

*Standing - Kegal Sqeeze - go into Small Sumo Squat - Raise back up - Release - 5X - 2X a day. 

Add to rest of excercises. 

Note: Im also doing my own thing as Ive noticed now that Im weaker in different positions - Like laying on left side and Kegal squeezing as opposed to my right-side. Also, lying with legs straight out is harder than with legs bent. Weird but true. So working harder on improving in those positions. 

Double Note: Ive noticed that Kegal Sqeeze with some serious bum squeeze really feels GOOD to the body! 

This is a SLOW process. So slow Im not really noticing the changes. But Ive realized I can go without the tight panties a lot more and not have my insides falling out. AND, my BM"S are coming out great!! No more stool with my feet propped & helping things come out!!!

I am working hard! With slight slippage during times of stress. But then I get back into it as quickly as possible. 

Quite honestly not cured as I still have bulging sometimes. But life is getting better. So is intimate time with my hubby. He says he didnt notice anything but he said he did enjoy our time together more than usual on our last jaunt.

May be too much info but, this is a very serious issue, and us ladies need to talk it out. I know first hand how emotional it is to to feel you are not good enough anymore.   : (  

What a great place to share everything Anonymously and turn our frowns upside down. : ) 

Blessings to All. 

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your dog. When our 18 year old Yorkie died last year I thought I would never get over it - tis very hard they are a member of the family X

Thanks for the exercises update. Does you Physio ever say anything about stopping if it starts to ache or you start to struggle or should you just try and do the 10 reps regardless !? X

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your dog. When our 18 year old Yorkie died last year I thought I would never get over it - tis very hard they are a member of the family X

Thanks for the exercises update. Does you Physio ever say anything about stopping if it starts to ache or you start to struggle or should you just try and do the 10 reps regardless !? X

• Posted

Thanks for sharing that. Our boy was Austrailian Shepherd / Golden Mix. Handsome as can be. Was only 10 3/4 yrs old. Expensive Brand Dog food with Chinese Poison got him. I saved him by putting him on wholistic home cooked diet. But in time the toxins caught up with him and he lost the battle almost 4 1/2 yrs later. My freinds Yorkie died at 16. They were devasted. Went right out & bought another. Cant even think about replacing him right now. ...

I too have started to ache, once in awhile. Trying too hard. I think that's when were trying to rush it. I just tone it down a little, but dont stop. Im sure we can strain those muscles as well. I have massaged my muscles sometimes. Helps a lot. I havnt asked the Therapist about it as Ive pretty much forgotten about it when I see her.

As far as struggling to do the reps - She did say QUALITY over QUANTITY. The quantity will come. So don't do if your struggling. I just go into gentle squeezes when I feel Im struggling but want to keep going. 

Ill ask her in 2 days when I see her.

• Posted

Thank you - quality over quantity it is then !

And yes re getting another dog I caved in 7 months on but couldn't have got the same breed - would never have been the same X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.