Taking such a long time to get to 120/0

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am 12 weeks TKR and just got to 115/0. I have been steadily improving but I am very depressed when I read the numbers that everyone else has. People with Fewer weeks than me are way further than me. My PT told me last week I don't have to come back if I don't want and I said I want to get to 120, and he said it's just a number. Also, I hear about the pain that peoples PTs put them through. When I go to PT it's just a matter of using the different machines with instructions that's it, he doesn't do anything, That causes pain. Does this sound normal?

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sometimes wonder if it depends on who is doing the measuring.( measurER or measurIST )

I mean,anyone can make a mistake when asked to do the same task twice.  .    .

so I'm not sure if accuracy is always guaranteed.

Mike

• Posted

Mike,

I think your right. One time I was measured by my surgeon and the next day by my PT. The two measurements were not the same.

Nancy

• Posted

My PT told me that if you were measured by 10 different people, you'd get 10 different measurements.  When I finally got to -1 at PT, my doc said I was -3.  Who cares.  Is it straight or not?  You'll know it when you are...

• Posted

I've got a very long goniometer, which is easier to use than the little ones. . but even so, the measurement is not exact by any means.  . .on my good leg, I have negative extension of -3, which is just as bad apparently . .

• Posted

I am 4 weeks post op this week. Discharged after 3 days with the awful pain gone but the cramp/throbbing muscle/endon pain & sleepless nights. 5 physio visits on the ward & 1 outpatient phsyio visit last week to return in 2 weeks.  Am scared as not sue if doing enough / too much as bending about 70 degrees only. so tired all time too.  Found this site and it has been helpful.  any advice helpful - using lots of ice.  thanks and good luk everyone

• Posted

I will be 5 weeks post op in 4 days. I use the bike and another machine you sit in a chair and push your feet back and forth that is controlled by weights. The therapist increased the weights to 20 lbs. yesterday. Then I do marches, back kicks, squats etc. at their counter. Yesterday she got more aggressive massaging my knee and ham strings. She even tried pushing on my knee to force the bend, boy did that hurt! I left PT feeling lousy and sore . Today my knee feels weird as if something is moving....I hope it is scar tissue! I only measured at 100 yesterday. I get so depressed and can't sleep well at night. I guess all therapists do things differently. They have to give me an extension for more therapy 12 sessions is certainly not enough! I think 120 is where we want to be to be mobile. Good luck to you, I hope my info helped.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.