Talk to me

Posted , 6 users are following.

I just want to end it altogether.  My eyes are puffy from all the crying. My thighs covered in scars. Having sudden outbursts of emotions. Not sleeping. I have no one to talk to. I have a loving family but they’re never always there for me. I’m a Singaporean and I can’t stress enough how strict asian parents are. This just adds stress and pressure on me since they’re always expecting big things from me and when I can’t achieve THEIR goals, they think I’m a disappointment. I started smoking and self-harming when I was 12 just to cope with stress. So much so, I got dejected. I feel like no one in my life understands how I’m feeling. Thus, I came here. I hope someone will read my worthless unimportant discussion and just vibe with me. ?? I’ll probably end my life a few years down the road. Dm me on instagram @deenvchx if you lit. ????

4 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Deekashi, I know parents, especially Asian parents, expect a lot from their kids. The stress to be number one must be really tough on you, cant you speK with them and tell hem a little of what is going on with you , how you are feeling ? Maybe just so you can take a little time off and work on yourself. Pray, I know God hears when we call out to him, he's the only one that canbring peace. I will be praying for you to find relief.

• Posted

Sit them down and be firm, tell them this is what is going on and how I am feeling. Sure they might be taken aback at first but you have to tell them. I know , U have someone in my family going through this and it took me a while to really understand and listen. There is hope, you can't give up. It will take time but it can get better

• Posted

Hi Deekashi - sorry to read of your situation. Can you make an appointment to see the doctor? You need to discuss what you are feeling with a responsible person who will listen. Medications can be prescribed to help even out your mood. If you are unable to discuss this with your parents, what about writing it down? Explain yourself to them. Add to it, alter it, refine it. Take your time. When you feel right about doing it, give them the letter. Parents can expect their children to live out their fantasies rather than letting the child be who they are. My parents did too, and I defiantly went my own way. 50 years later and I'm glad i did it my way. If I had lived their dream, i would be utterly miserable and wouldn't have survived all the dramas. If your parents are too blind to listen, find someone who really sees you.

• Posted

I'll try to help you as you tried to help me. I sense a bit of similarity. Try to join a social event, sport club or occupied with a new activity (learn self-knitting/cooking/language, etc) for an escape, even if it's just for a bit. That's what I've been doing, just surviving. I hope this could help you to have a little faith. I know how it feels to be someone's disappointment and it really sucks as I've been before through almost all my teenage years. Just try to survive your teen life for now as I've been. I do wish your life will get better when you're in your 20s.

P.S.: Personally, no one's discussion is worthlessly unimportant. We all suffer differently, my discussion may be too harsh on me but might be an easy solution for you. Do message me if you need, I'll be sure to reply back. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.