talking helps massively but who to?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, i have had anxiety since 2006. 2006 and the first half of 2007 were horrible but since mid 2007 my anxiety has been very mild so life has been pretty normal which was great. However in february this year i ended up in hospital due to a non related issue and since then the anxiety has got worse and yesterday and today in particular has been preety bad, in my early suffering i found talking to people, fellow sufferers extremely beneficial as a help each other tool. What do others think about this? I would love to help others and others help me as non sufferers do not understand. Just incase any confusion i mean talking by telephone. I was lucky and am lucky that i do have a form of telephone support but it is fairly infrequent and talking really helps me. What does everyone think? 😄

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Feels good to hear the word normal lol that's what i'm striving for being normal again
    • Posted

We are normal, just with alot of background rubbish trying to confuse, i have got through it before and i will get past itagain just got to re apply wot worked last time. How long habe you suffered?
    • Posted

For a month 1/2 yea it's only the bbeginning but i have a one year old baby and a husband we're just starting our lives together and now it feels like our hopes and dreams are over sad but my religious leaders and friends are really encouraging me sometimes i just feel like im dying but i can't think like that because i have a lot to live for
    • Posted

wow you are new to this but beleive me your hopes and dreams are not over, getting through anxiety is quite simple when you can see it for what it is, i have 2 beautifull daughters and a lovely wife who need me so i will move forward through this and im sure you will too. What help have you had so far?
    • Posted

I take anxiety medication and i see a counselor every week. Other then that church and my family are a big help. Sometimes i can be feeling good then i get brought right back down i keep praying. My family are so important to me and they need me and i need them
    • Posted

Does the counselor help, i had cbt along time ago but i found i knew more than her !. are u in the uk ?
    • Posted

Stick with whatever works for you, do u know what caused your anxiety?
    • Posted

thats the same way mine started in 2006 but at that time i had never even heard of panic and anxiety so i thought i was going crazy, anyways that was a long time ago now, dont look back look forward, do u work?
    • Posted

Sadly i had to quit my job but i havea one year old so thank god i can be with her
  • Posted

I totally agree with you Alfiy, talking to other people who understand what you are going through is hugely beneficial.  I joined this forum less then a week ago and I think it has really helped me.  There are so many inspirational stories on this forum, so many wonderful, courageous people who are going out of their way to try to help their fellow anxiety sufferers.  I've taken all their advice to heart and am applying it daily to my life.  Even though medication has also helped me I'm finding it is still a constant battle to keep in control of my anxiety, but day by day I'm getting there.
    • Posted

Hi skyebeth. Forums are great, can i ask what meds you take as i never have had any so unsure what may or may not help?

• Posted

Yeh, I take 50mg of Quetiapine before bed and 20mg of Paroxetine.  They are a little heavy duty but they are working for me.  Wishing you the best.
    • Posted

I have never taken anything for my anxiety, glad yours are working for you. Are u on any program of any sort?
    • Posted

No, but will be seeing a psychologist soon.  Not too keen to go as I don't know what help she'll be.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.