tamazapam withdrawal

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive just had 20mg tamazapam stopped i have taken every night for 2 years and replaced with 3.75 mg zopiclone shoul this cause a withdrawel any advice what to expect would be appreciated

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I was given zopiclone when I had my last depressive period to help me sleep but you should have them for no longer than a month and you shouldn't take them every night as they are addictive. I took them every other night and then found I could sleep without them. So try not to rely on them.
  • Posted

Hi

why did they change you did the temazepam stop working 

• Posted

Tamazapam was working still but all of a sudden doc no longer wants to prescribe it, ive a couple left until monday but im dreading the change over :-(
  • Posted

Do you get a good night's sleep with the zopiclone? Sometimes it takes a night or too before you sleep the night all through. No form of sleeping table should be taken every night.  All of them are addictive and you'll find the leaflet in the zoplicone says this. Try missing out on Sat and Sun and see how you go. The try alternate nights. Your doctor shouldn't give you more than two months by which time you should be sleeping OK without medication. See how you go. Good Luck.
    • Posted

Thanks for the input , I start the zopiclone monday after my last tamazapam , I was managing sleep ok with tamazapam but doc says no more im worried about the withdrawal as ive heard its horrendous :-(
  • Posted

thats a lot of temezepam to withdraw from, you must do it very slowly, zoplicone wont stop it overnight , yes Z is also addctive,, have been there and know what to expect, took me two years back in 2007 .  I am withdrawing from pregabalin, an evil littleb...er of a drug, an in abs agony, withdrawl and side effects  are horrendous. hope you will cope,  me, Im losing the will. take care xx
    • Posted

thanks rosemary, my cpn doc contacted my gp but he wont budge nhs crack down i think but im not looking forward on whats to come, im hoping to get in touch with my pdoc but she is on annual leave so anxity wise could not have come at a worse time, afer speaking with cpn today it was mentioned another med may be introduced trew my pdoc, im also taking sertraline, miazapine and quetiapine, just when i seam to have the right combo my gp does this if only they knew what it does?

im just hoping for an easy withdrawal from the benzo but every thing i read is horrendous sad

• Posted

Probably the whole anti bento frenzy. Zopiclone is very addictive, tolerence builds up quickly and they would only ever give me 5 hours sleep max. If it's not broken don't try and fix it. I would imagine there would be withdrawal as they work very differently. I would go back to see him voice your concerns and tell him you'd rather stay as you are thank you very much!!
    • Posted

Your right jo im going to have to be heard its really got me inside out ive dread knocking on my door thanks for you advice
  • Posted

Temazepam is habit forming and is classified as a short-term medication. The concensus of opinion is that after a significant period has passed it should be discontinued from patient use and replaced with alternatives.

Some minor withdrawal symptoms can be expected but nothing significant. 

• Posted

Thought I would add to this as I get on , had my first night off tamazapam last night with 7.5 mg zopiclone, had 2hrs sleep at most in 2 1hour slots, z drug has me really groggy this morning. I did ge my p doc and cpn to speak to my gp yesterday and ive an appointment first thing this morning, cpn n pdoc have been a huge help the last 3years. Im unsure and really anxious on just how drastic this taper down will be, effects on sleep n mood or will my psycosis return and of course the effects on my family threw this my wife has been my rock I will keep the post updated if I can and thinking of all you guys suffering with this illness, take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.