Tampons

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had A&P repair surgery end of February this year, recovery has been slow, not due to see consultant for post-op until end of August. I am due to go away next week and theres a possibility of me getting my period whilst away, they have been a bit erratic since op but that could also be an age thing. Do you think I will be ok to resume using tampons, i cant bear the thought of having to continue using the dreaded pads?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

For sure. Lots of us got clearance to resume sex from 6wks so tampons won't be a problem at all I wouldn't think

• Posted

Hi

I was told no tampons for 3 months so you should be fine by now

Regards

Sue

• Posted

Hi Amchatt7

Have you thought about a menstrual cup? The ultimate in body friendly period protection, that lasts longer than tampons and you dont get the drying out that is associated with tampons.

S

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.