taping off mirtz

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi everyone, 

done 4 nights cutting back on mirtz..gone from 30mg to 20mg...last night didnt have any vivid dreams! and things look brighter such as sunshine strange feeling...but good! anyone taping off..hang in there...

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie,

Well done!

I'm down from 30mg to 7mg over a 6 week period, but have felt a lot of anxiety and fear throughout the tapering process, especially if I have any stress.  I'm just hoping this is withdrawel symptems and not my original depression, has anybody any idea on this?

• Posted

hi norman.

youve done well ! keep it up :-) ive been using mediation sounds and music to help with the process...again well done ..why have u decided to come off mirtz?    julie

• Posted

Hi Julie,

Becuase I was just like a zombie on it. I have been taking therapy and CBT and wanted to come off meds and use this instead. Do you have any anxiety symptems?

Regards

Norman

• Posted

hi again ;-)

ive found since cutting down the anxiety isnt so bad! like you i was getting awfull side effects from this drug..i know it works for some but not for me! headaches have eased off .keep it up and use other forms of support! i am worried about about side effects of coming off this drug! but how i look at it cant be any worse than i felt on the drug! julie

• Posted

Keep up the good work Julie, try not to rush the tapering, remember what you take today can show in 3 or 4 days due to the half life of Mirtz.  If you do stumble at any point just go back to the point where you were last stable.

Regards

Norman

• Posted

hi norman.

thank you for your reply, ive made my mind up i want off this stuff! what ever it takes im coming off it...what its done to me is enough! 

goodluck and keep the good work up    julie

• Posted

Hi Julie; I've been on a low dose of Mirtz 3.75 mg since jam this year. On fen one month on it I came off it but got hit hard on the 8/9 day. I reinstated at 1.87 mg 14 days after I jumped. 

Today I'm at .9mg and I don't think I've ever really stabilized on it. I'm going through hellacious wd , and am think of just jumping. 

It's hard to imagine with this drug being so nasty while on it for it to get worse after jumping. But it is nasty! I'm probably looking at 2-3 months of hell but I've been living it the past three months just as bad!

Best of luck

Miami

• Posted

hi miami1

thanks for your message! ur on a small dose uve done well :-) what side effects did you have while on your hight dose?   hang in there :-)

• Posted

Hey Julie: 

My sx on 3.75 was after a few weeks every time I'd dose I would rev up. It was prescribed for sleep. Same thing started to happen when on 1.87mg. This is my first AD and if I can help it ,my last.

• Posted

Glad you are doing okay.So far, so good! Keep on keeping on!
    • Posted

thanks vancouver! been through wd with seroxat ..that was a night mare! took me a year to get that drug out my system! oo the wb was a nightmare! nothing like that coming off mirtz! had a few vivid dreams but feel brighter and head ache as eased off...ill get off this thing .what it was doing to me was awfull...ive been living in a daze for 18months! one step and a time! hope ur well   julie

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.