TAR with Infinity specialy made jig

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello I have two days ago had a TAR on my R/H ankle . Its the Infinity TAR with the Jig specialy made to measure after a MRI scan before the op.

I also during the op was given a nerve block to help me deal with the post op pain.

Now that two days has passed my foot is in plaster and i have a intermitent stabbing pain that has been with me from the start ( even with the nerve block) and a numb big toe that has just appeaed.

I was wondering if other had the same problem but after reading the posts i see that is common.

​Still as a new poster i will keep the fourm updated.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had a tendon swap  some years ago after which I broke my ankle on my left leg  my ankle started going inwards  after a lot of discus on in June this year I had my ankle fused  in a plaster cast for 6weeks  none weight bearing  after that  my ankle was x-rayed and an airboot put on  for another 6weeks which I was told I can weight bear on it hopefully comes off tomorrow  Al being well I still get a sore feeling around my ankle also which I believe to be I get muscle ache in the rest of myy leg during the day my ankle swells ,the swelling has gone down in the morning 
  • Posted

Hi Brian,

I had an Infinity TAR also 10 weeks ago. No stabbing pain at all but big toe is now almost recovered from numbness. Keep your foot raised as high as poss whenever you can and wiggle your toes. 

I am walking about almost pain free now but the foot is still swollen. I don't bother with a crutch in the house but take one on outdoor longer excursions and walking my dog.

• Posted

Thanks for that good news, Did you have the custom jig ?

where did you have your done ?

• Posted

Consultant did say before the op that I would be pain free now I know whether he meant after the op because he put a block in or when everything  is finished I'll find that out tomorrow maybe I've done to much walking  I do use a walking stick 
  • Posted

Few days passed now and feeling almost back for my toe and everything else seems very good so far.
    • Posted

Good to hear that Brian. It seems ignorant of me but I don't think I had the custom jig. No MRI scan, just a lot go X-rays. My toes have started to hurt now that I am walking on them. That's new 😕. Ankle doesn't have same movement as the other yet especially on pointing the toes but I'm also optimistic.
  • Posted

Please keep me posted , If you google INFINITY TAR WITH JIG There is a video on the wright webside that shows you how it works with jig.

interesting  i was told that i could only have a jig if i went private.

job done in Bournemouth.

pain in you toes prob because you are asking to work harder now and should get better as time passes.

• Posted

Well my airboot is off got to go back in November. For X-Ray  they seemed pleased they  it had fused , was told to take airboot home with me in case I feel I need surport at times onlyybthing is my ankle swells up something awful and my knee seems to be affected I am very disappointed I thought I was going to be pain free but I'm not it hurts.a lot at times HELP 
    • Posted

It will give pain and discomefort for a while but at time passes and you do you exercises it shoud lessen.
    • Posted

When they fuse your Ankle and you remove your Boot the joint is fused but there are other joints in you foot that have now got to work harder.

So they will give you pain until you get them up to strenth.

Stick with it and it will come good I am sure.

• Posted

Well It has been 4 weeks since the Ankle replacment and I now have a walking cast boot on and being honest I would say that I am in better shape than I was before the op. I can walk with one stick without a limp and feel like I could manage without a stick.Very little swelling with a slight numness on top of the foot but not painful.

Reduced pain killers from Tramidol to Paracetinol and ibrob.

Very happy with the outcome.

• Posted

Ben to see my. Consultant had my ankle X-Ray  everything is fine the consultant explained to me that the foot has so many  bones he more or less said the same as you did about the foot settling down I also have ostioperosis  which doesn't help but nowcinknow my ankle  has fused. I can cope with the pain it was that I was frightened it not fusing 
    • Posted

Good news then,  As you said its always unsettling to have pain if you are not expecting it but once you know its normal it helps lots.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.