taste in mouth

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, does anyone have this strange taste in their mouth seem to also get it when i get acid

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen,

Yes I've had this I just didn't associate it with the menopause!

I have been on HRT for just over a month it has improved a lot of things but so far not the taste.

I have found extra strong mints are helpful.

Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi, i do tend to eat mints at the mo to help but taste soon comes back tongue feels dry, have no sugar problems oh well another meno problem

thanks for your reply

karen x 

• Posted

Yes I also get a funny taste in my mouth sometimes too andr. Also suck on extra strong mints, I findthey also helps its nausea when in get it.
  • Posted

Yes karen i too get an awfull taste in my mouth, always having to suck mints which does help and also does help with Nausea too as Ruth says. 
    • Posted

Yes peppermint tea helps too and it helps with the nausea as well..
  • Posted

So that's why I keep feeling queasy all the time! Can someone tell us if it's ever going to stop? I've had quite a few of the strange symptoms I've read on this forum and not associated them with menopause.
  • Posted

Yes. Can be from anything really. Heart burn, reflux, medicines, some foods. I never connected it to menapause though. Eat small meals and drink lots of water maybe with a slice of lemon and lime in it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.