Tecnis Eyhance has received FDA approval

Posted , 7 users are following.

Tecnis Eyhance has received FDA approval

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

• Edited

Good news. Is this a lens you are considering for your 2nd surgery?

• Edited

no but it seems i will be getting pan optix

• Posted

how come?

i thought you were waiting for synergy?

• Posted

All you can do is procrastinate as long as possible and then choice the best lens available at the time, that is what I did with my left eye.

From what I read Pan Optics is about the best defraction IOL available (at least in US). Only in time will it be knows if Synergy is better and my gut feeling is it will depend on the person. I watch Shannon videos and in one he is removing a Symphony and implanting a Pan Optic and in the next he is visa versa. I just don't think one will be leaps and bounds better than the other. And from what I read it will be years before the next generation of lens like Juvene are available.

• Posted

while working from home it is possible to hook up the computer to TV and work. but with vaccine i will need to return to work and i will be starting a new role on 3/1 so that ma6 make things challenging.

• Posted

A surgeon is doing a lens exchange from a Symfony to a Panoptix?

• Posted

Hey Soks, I did see you were thinking about monofocal and eyehance over an EDOF. From my understanding you have a Symfony already?

What made you choose the Panoptix? I have a symfony in my right eye (Feb 2016), but choosing to go with a multifocal on at the end of the month so curious to see why you chose it.

• Posted

yes i have symfony. which multifocal are you getting?

pan optix coz my near vision is very poor with symfony and pan optix is the only trifocal in the US.

• Posted

"A surgeon is doing a lens exchange from a Symfony to a Panoptix?"

Go to you tube and search for. "Shannon Wong I don't like my vision with the Symfony Lens." Replacing Symfony w/ PanOptix after YAG Capsulotomy"

In that video he actual did an exchange after YAG, which dramatically increases risk. It is a great video as he is actually discussing the issue with the patient.

Another thing that video points out is this women had monovision where in one eye she had good distance vision (20/25) and in the other eye she had good close (J2). But maybe the monovision was too much as she did not have neural adaptation where the brain is picking the best image. Instead the lens are not working together very well and causing her headaches and the like.

• Posted

Sorry, I meant to say I am going with a monofocal in my other eye. Too many side effects from my Symfony for me to risk it again.

• Posted

Very interesting. I will start watching now. Thanks!

• Posted

Saw my ophthalmologist last week and had all measurements done to confirm that I qualify for a premium lens. I feel the best options at this time (recall I am amblyopic) are PanOptix or Synergy. Tecnis Eyehance just received FDA approval and Synergy should not be far behind. My surgeon wants to implant Synergy in some other patients before he will implant it in my one good eye. He understands I have some reservations about PanOptix and glistenings since I only see well with one eye. I am open to PanOptix, but I still hope Synergy will have FDA approval in February and that I will be among the first patients in the US to receive this lens. All premium lenses have problems and each patient experiences those problems differently. I remain optimistic that my brain will adapt to the dysphotopsias. My surgeon indicated that PCO is normal and I should not worry about it. Like you, my right eye is going very fast. I have to have cataract surgery soon. It's disturbing to me that most posts on this site are negative, but I guess that's to be expected. Happy patients do not seek out patient forums to comment. I'm hoping for an excellent result. One way or the other, I will follow up with results. I never hear anyone mention Symfony Plus (adds 0.5 D near vision over original Symfony). The near vision would be inadequate for an amblyopic wanting freedom from glasses, but it sounds like a good lens. I believe Tecnis has added violet light blocking to the updated Symfony lens. Good luck to you! I look forward to reading about your final decision.

• Posted

after reading your post i asked my daughter about her near vision and she says her near vision is fine from one foot and inside. her distance vision is terrible. so for her i would have her get symfony set for -2.5 which would give her great near vision in amblyopic eye. i would have her probably get a monofocal in the good eye.

• Posted

Will definitely receive a monofocal in my left amblyopic eye. I have been far sighted (hyperopic) all my life. Hyperopes often realize they have a problem with cataracts when their vision begins to improve for no apparent reason, a phenomenon referred to as "second sight." The growing cataract causes light to reflect better on the retina, and the eye becomes more near sighted, decreasing the extent of the far sightedness. In my case, my prescription in one year went from +4 to +2. Some hyperopes achieve plano vision during second sight, but as the cataract becomes more dense vision deteriorates as a result of opacification. That's where I am. Surgery is mandatory. I like the design and characteristics of the Symfony EDOF lens, which is why I'm hoping Synergy is Symfony with improved near vision. I want to reach for glasses as little as possible. I know the near addition could make dysphotopsias somewhat worse, but I'm willing to accept that trade off.

• Posted

my daughter is +5. she didnt get diagnosed until 10 as we had moved to asia for work and the schools didnt have checks like here. so it was my fault. at 10 it only improved to 20/30 to 20/40 as the neural development didnt happen earlier. with +5 lens she can see near clearly. distance is never 20/25 or better for her.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.