Teetering and Tottering

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies,

Have any of you experienced this unsettling feeling of being off balanced? It feels like I'm swaying when I walk. Although I am not actually swaying and it sometimes feels like I'm leaning forward when standing or like I'm leaning back even though I'm not moving at the moment. I don't know if I'm making any sense. But this is very disconcerting. It used to happen before but now it has returned. I don't like all these symptoms popping up and then disappearing like some sick game of peek-a-boo.

3 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My very worst symptom - all day, every day. Taken over my life.

Today has been a bad day 

Xx

• Posted

Hi ladies

In bed today with a terrible migraine.  I think it is caused by stress this time as my eldest is off to uni tomorrow. Going to be so hard tomorrow but I am so proud of him.

I am on the amitriptyline for my headaches and balance issues. It has helped the headaches but not my balance. My dad is on a migraine medication and it has worked wonders for him so I may ask at the doctors on Friday to swap. I’ll get the name of it and let you all know.  I will miss the amazing sleep on amitriptyline though.

After 2 months on the mini pill to stop my periods I have decided to change that as well. I am taking it to stop my heavy periods, it has reduced the flow but I seem to have a constant period. I also think my mood has been quite flat on it.  Hoping to try the combo pill as that takes over your hormones so hopefully may help a lot of my issues.

The anti depressants are also going in the bin. I’ve tried for 8 weeks but never got past 2.5mg so time to give in. Don’t want issues in years to come trying to get off these drugs. 

Got to keep trying until I find the magic cure and get me back

Xxxxx

• Posted

Also forgot to mention I am now trying cbd oil - heard good things so fingers crossed

Xx

• Posted

Hey Louise!  I am sitting here with my sunglasses on.  Gir up at 5 am, did house chores...then got my son off to school.  Felt a migraine coming.  Took 2 excedrin, made me very jittery ( caffeine in it).  The pain is gone...Now, I feel foggy and brain dead!  Worn out. It is very cloudy and muggy today.  On day 4 of 5mg of amitripyline.  Sleeping better. Period still not here yet! Really want to start the combo pill.  Keep me posted! I hope your migraine attack eases.  🙏🙏🤗🤗

• Posted

I feel like I live in a pinball machine. I just buffer from walls to chairs to tables etc. Also very nauseating
    • Posted

I thought your expression of the system was funny. Because I feel the Exact same way.
  • Posted

Yes I've experienced the feeling. It makes you feel like a toddler that's trying to walk for the first time.

Where'd feeling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.