teeth clenchin

Posted , 2 users are following.

although ive been on citalopram for about 9- 10 weeks and i feel calmer and not so stressed i have noticed i clench my teeth a lot something ive never had in the past does any one else get this please

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This happens to me all the time 

It only started when my anxiety started a few years ago I whole face aches

its awful

Lil

• Posted

thank you lillie yes it is and thank you for the reassurance x
  • Posted

It could be a side effect but if the drugs are working I would stick with them.
  • Posted

I dont use meds but i do clench my teeth at night. I use a mouth splint but still get headaches, sore..etc..i asked my dentist what to do he smiled and said he has the same problem. Honestly i asked the maxiallry surgeon who made the splint what to do she said she wears a splint to bed too.   I Have tingles at times on my face. Like someone threw hairs on my face once in a while. Im so tired already of all this and the symptoms they bring. So tired.
    • Posted

thank you for that lisalisa I did read once those that grind their teeth were anxious people but that was years ago and i had a friend who did it its so blinking annoying 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.