tell me to stop searching internet

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I need someone to please tell me to stop looking up my med on google. It makes my anxiety worse and need some reassurance

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brittany

What med are you on/looking up.......fluoxetine?

• Posted

Yes ive been looking up side effects and I know how the internet can be
    • Posted

How long and what does are you on?

Im coming up to 10 weeks and everyday I would do the same but I would also come on here for reassurance.

Side effects vary in severity from person to person and are unfortunately part of the process as these meds are working on the chemicals in the brain. There is definately an element of getting worse before you get better but I, like so many others, have come through the worse and starting to feel the benefits and you will too, patience is the key here, which probably doesnt help you right now but take each day as it comes and only one day at a time.

• Posted

I'm on 40mg this is my second week. I tried cymbal and county's and they weren't for me
    • Posted

Thats seems a high dose to start off with?? Normally its 20mg but I don't know your circumstances. I started on 20mg for 8 weeks then 30mg for the last 2 weeks. Which eased me in to it although I did suffer from increased anxiety, stomach upset hot sweats cold sweats insomnia and generally felt very low, these are 'normal side effects and DO pass. I was where you are and now feel so much better try and be patient and I know that is easier said than done buy you will start to feel the effects.
  • Posted

Stop looking up your med on google!

Hehe..

Seriously tho...the more you read, the more you will read into it.

Just remember this....

Almost ALL the people on these forums are here because the side effects have made things worse initially.

Almost NONE of the people on here are here because everything went great.

This would appear that the medicine makes things worse and no-one gets better (if you look at it statistically).

If then you realise that Prozac is THE MOST prescribed medicine in the USA, things appear in some perspective.

This is THE singlemost successful anti-depressant created.

The side effects can be horrible or just minor.

The side effects wear off for the vast majority of users.

We WILL get better.

Hang in and keep believing.

Good luck!

• Posted

Hi brittany

Go ahead look it up but take it all in with a bit of common sense! Even basic painkillers come with a long list of side effects but millions of people take them every day without problem.

Like richo says this forum is generally just for people who have suffered side effects or struggled with meds because thats what its for. Its very rare for people who've started it and got better with no issues to post here cos they really don't need to!

Its good to be aware of what side effects can be to get reassurance you're not alone. But if you allow yourself to worry about every little thing its gonna make you worse.

Im around week 19 and have been to hell and back but now feel absolutely great so hang in there, it can n will get better!!!!

Good luck

Vix

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.