Temporary relief from Anxiety/Hypochondria

Posted , 8 users are following.

So for the first time in 8months I went for a run this morning, I only ran for 12 minutes but I'm proud of myself.

Usually I run 5ks but since getting Anxiety I haven't been up to moving due to aches and pains.

So I just wanna say that we do get a break from anxiety sometimes, my hypochondria and depression is ever present but at least I do get a break.

I'm not on any meds and I can't afford therapy or multiple doctor visits (no insurance) so I've been doing this all on my own.

If my aggressive Anxiety, Hypochondria and Depression can give me a one week break then there's hope for everyone else here.

5 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Glad to hear it. You have made me smile! I hope your respite from anxiety last's for a long time. Positive thinking goes a long way xx
  • Posted

You are doing great! As time goes on you will find you do get breaks they can last too, long spans of time which is a well needed break. During these breaks enjoy life to ita fulliest because the breaks will occur more and more as you realize its just cycles and not an every day thing.
  • Posted

Thanks alot you guys, it does feel good to get breaks no matter how short they are. The longest break I've gotten lasted 9days, 9days of being n feeling normal n it felt so good.

But it always comes back usually when I feel a new or recurring symtom. That's when Hypochondria body slams me lol. On Saturday I went to get my teeth cleaned, I'm not scared of the dentist and I used to date one so I'm quite comfortable in the chair. But my neck and shoulder muscles hurt so bad n my throat threatened to close up! I don't get it bcuz I'm not usually nervous at the dentist but my gum was sore n I thought it was a sign of a terminal illness. Maybe that's why I freaked out but the day after all the tension just disappeared.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.