TEMPTING TO CALL 911

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was experiencing a little bit of breathlessness the other day when i was at the mall.. And my heart was sort of racing but not that much... I felt a bit nauseos and thought i was gonna croak. Ive been also getting this a bit while walking. Right now im lying in bed and i have a headache sad when i get up i feel weak and that i might fall.. My legs shake and everything... I dont feel like i will black out... But i just feel like i might tip over or something due to loss of balance. Im having a bit of nausea and i dont know if it could be heart related? Ive been having stomach problems since i was 6. But i looked up that indigestion is often a symptom of sca or heart attack. The heck its like i cant win here!! And ive been getting a bit of pain in my chest but its usually burning pain.. And i get a burning sensation in the back of my throat .... Could this be GERD or warning signs of cardiac arrest? I also get little pings of pain which feels like its below the sternum... Which freaks me out!! Im also worried that it could be pulmonary embolism?? Please help! ( i had a fear of pe before, but it went away and now it came back )

I cant go to the ER. My parents are getting really frustrated and are considering sending me to psych. sad the only way for me to get to the hospital is to call 911. Which im tempting to do but my parents will flip!!! They might even get divorced because of this craziness! Which i dont want... This is horrible. They keep telling me to stop acting stupid and grow up. Which makes my blood boil inside.. But i dont say anything... My mom also said that im just faking it for attention.. Which made me want to freaking scream and throw stuff... But ofc i didnt and i just relaxed and took a shower. I dont know what to do!! Everyday its a new symptoms and i cant help but think of going to the hospital. Even if its pysch... Any advice to calm my nerves?? I dont think this is a panic attack...

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Cristina

You need to take advice from your GP and arrange a course of treatment.

Are you living in the States, how old are you ?

• Posted

Be very careful about using 911 because all those cost of the ambulance and hospital might not cover the diagnosis of an anxiety attack. So you know. They changed a lot of stuff with insurance.the ER is a trauma unit. So dont do that unkess you need trauma help.not for anxiety.
    • Posted

Yea i was texting my friend about all the symptoms i was experiencing and she said to just relax and drink lots of water. She told me not to call after being more specific about my symptoms... She understands me to some degree..
    • Posted

Anxiety sufferer

In the UK we can make decisions regards health at sixteen.

Go back to your therapy and give that a chance to work. The problem with family members and friendships they take Mental Health as a sign of weakness and will treat mental health matters with short change. What they do not understand or want to understand regarding ADHD. They need to be educated  and this will not happen until they can have your condition explained to them. Iwas still trying to explain my problems when I retired so fixed in their ideas seemed to wreak our relationship

• Posted

Cristina, I cannot believe that you were going to call 911 for a headache and slight nausea.

In the UK, patients are chucked out of the ambulance if there's clear evidence that there's nothing wrong with them. They are even charged for calling the ambulance for no reason.

Your parents are quite right. All your 'symptoms' can be dealt with by your PCP.

I bet they call you a 'frequent flyer' behind your back. They are, quite frankly, sick of the sight of you.

Time to grow up and leave the anxiety behind, Cristina.

• Posted

In the US, the ambulance will still take the patient... They'll check their vitals and everything to make sure its nothing serious. In the US its illegal for paramedics to turn away a patient even if they think its not necessary. Sometimes the ambulance will stay and check you and if you're fine they'll leave... But if its severe symptoms they take you to the hospital even if its a panic.

Right now at this moment... Im having trouble breathing... And im having a burning sensation in my chest... When i get up i feel lightheaded and my head pounds.. Ive also been seeing a bit of some eye floaters this morning.. Im not sure if this could be a Pe or acid reflux... But in america there are two sayings... One, when in doubt get it checked out and two is to call 911 if you experience chest pain or shortness of breath..even if you are not sure of its just panic or you're just not sure at all! EMS is there for you... And its good to get checked by paramedics to be better safe than sorry... Im currently not panicking but i am experiencing these symptoms and i dont know if its panic or potentially something serious.. The breathlessness and wooziness started on friday.. And its been getting worse.

• Posted

And if i thought I had a PE I'd dial 999 without hesitation. What's stopping you, Cristina? A PE is a major, serious emergency , but you're just mulling it over in your head. THAT IS NONSENSE.

• Posted

Whats stopping me is how my parents would react. And the money. Believe it or not i do think about the money when it comes to these situations.. Thats why im hesitating.. My parents keep claiming that there is nothing wrong. My chest pain is like a burning heavy sensation and sometimes i get tiny dots of pain which feels like its beneath the sternum.
    • Posted

And you know ive been to roughly 11 docs over the summer. But since you're a nurse ... I'll trust you on the PE. I think you're becoming a little too harsh again Tess.. But i totally get it.. You deserve to be. Im not panicking but im experiencing lightheadedness and chest discomfort.. My body is saying call 911... My parents arent home... And if they found out i did that they would flip.. Because they keep saying "THERES NOTHING WRONG" i even asked my friend if she could take me to the hospital... But her mom isnt home. And shes a nurse too. Idk if this is an anxiety attack because im not anxious.. And i keept getting these spasm like feelings in my chest.. Around the heart area...

• Posted

And ADHD doesn't exist. It was just an umbrella term for various health anxieties.

The term is no longer used, because practically all Americans diagnosed themselves with it.

• Posted

Still a thing in America.

Wow tess they got rid of it in the UK? They diagnose four and five year olds with this. 

America is very big with labels. They love labels. Labels make lots of money for them.

• Posted

Lisa is right, in fact all of us get labeled here. We even have stereotypes and everything its crazy!! Lol let freedom ring
  • Posted

Just been reading all the posts, something tells me you google every symptom you have then fixate on the diagnosis you have mad yourself, please Stop looking up things, in the end you will only drive yourself silly with worry,

You seem to have a very high level of anxiety, and really your parents should be helping you to deal with it. Being a teenager is a difficult time let alone trying to deal with the adhd and anxiety symptoms. I am not standing up for your parents here, but from their angle, is it possible over the years they have had to cope with a miriad of problems which has stemed from your adhd

and they see this development as just another problem with your ongoing troubles. Now before anyone jumps in and says its there job to be there, to be understanding etc etc. Well agree yes it is, but even the best loving parents can be worn down over the years. Now what I am saying is this, you really need to mak e them understand how much you are in need of help, maybe write them a letter, get another relative to speak to them, maybe an aunt, or grandparent. But make them listen, in a calm and determined way hun, you cannot do this alone, and once they realise how you feel, and that it isnt attention seeking, they will help you I am sure.

What about school, have they got councillers there, or a tutor that could speak to your parents.

For now Stop worrying, you have a heightened form of anxiety, which believe it or not you are making worse by fixating on every minute twinge or symptom, we all do it, thats anxiety, but we have to learn to let it go. Try some anxiety meditations on u tube, , stop googling everything, in fact stop googling, relax, uou arent ill, just anxious, we are what we think.

You will come through this hun, just believe it, now go get the help you need, and stop worrying, your Not ill xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.