Skip to content
Ad
in this discussion +1 following
Aberzerk72 Aberzerk72

Tendon atrophy in mult areas of. my body

I’m writing this to help others with widespread tendon issues because I think I discovered why all my tendons weakened.

Quick history... I had acne and sinus infections for years. I always took antibiotics to decrease the bacteria in my body.

In September 2016 I caught bronchitis and was on Cipro for a few weeks before I went away, in Dec of 2016.  Within one year, I tore the meniscus cartiledge in my knee, threw a handbag and got bicep/triceps tendonitis. This caused my ulnar nerve to move out of place, to which I now need surgery. 

I also was trying to keep in shape and ended up having tenosynovitis of my posterior tibial tendon, which thankfully resolved, but caused my arches to collapse. To which I now wear orthothics. I also get tendon pain in my left index finger, but no clue why. Tho clearly one always overuses their fingers.

Having said this, I begun to reason that perhaps all of my tendon weakness is the direct result of years of antibiotics use. In addition, the majority of my tendon pain came after my usage of Cipro.

Just food for thought for others with a similar issue. 

I refuse to take antibiotics  and now only use cold and sinus meds if sick. My acne is long gone so no reason for antibiotics. Unless, I have no choice then I would make sure to be very careful physically after taking them.

0 Replies

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.