Tendonitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi am visiting London next week and there is bound to be a lot of walking. At the moment I wear Clarks sandals but they are still uncomfortable. Can anyone help with a quick fix or best shoes for comfort? Many thanks

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi rebecca ,after completly rupturing my achillies tendon ,

And having a history of foot problems

"Sketchers gowalks "

have saved me so much pain.they are so comfortable .and

worth every penny .i buy them online .

• Posted

Hi Bobbers, thank you so much for your reply.

​i will search these Sketchers ( I use their trainers already) and hope they will do the trick.

​I hope your tendon has healed now.

• Posted

Hi again rebecca your very welcome ,im in my 14th week post non

surgery .So still on my way back but progressing .thank you

• Posted

Oh dear, I am only on my 6th week. Long way to go! Good luck with yours.
    • Posted

Thanks .im no expert im still learning to deal with this nightmare

But if you have any questions ,you have come to the right place

The people on here are mostly in the same boat and very

supportive and encouraging .keep us posted on your progress .

• Posted

Hi Rebecca, I agree with bobbers. Sketchers are my go to shoe. But I have developed plantar fasciitis from walking for short periods of time (I am 16 weeks post injury). I have added gel heel pads to my shoes, which helps. Have fun in London; walk safe!! Listen to your foot.
  • Posted

I have been wearing "Fit Flops" pretty much all the time for the last couple of months. I found them to be more comfortable than my running shoes because they have a little bit of a heel and that helps take some of the pressure off of my achilles.

• Posted

HI Karen, thanks for your reply. I am going to try my Clarkes sandals which as you say have a bit of a heel and are well cushioned.
    • Posted

I love the Clarks flip flops/thong sandals for Achilles problems, but the key is to buy new ones quite often if you walk a lot. The rubber cushioning in the heel wears down. If you're looking for a running shoe - Asics are honestly 100% the best for any activity or sport for people with achilles problems. I also have the most comfortable pair of Merrill wedge sandals that I can shop in all day (that is, prior to the rupture of my Achilles!) I also recommend calf raises and lowering as often as possible and paddling the feet when relaxing/lying down! Keep thOse heels and calves stretched! 

• Posted

Thank you so much Sharlene for all your excellent advice and ideas. I am unable to wear a lot of my shoes at the moment because of the swelling in my ankle. However I will not let it spoil my trip to London. I do have Merrill trainers which are normally very comfortable but unfortunately the back of the trainer touches exactly where the painful part is, the same goes for my walking boots.
    • Posted

Hi Rebecca, I am not sure if this will help or not. But it did help me.

I recently travelled to the interior of our province and spoke to the Dr. before I went regarding swelling in my ankle. As I was attending a wedding and planning on wearing a dress, I did not want to look too bad with my feet. He recommended an over the counter (but in my province of BC you need to ask the pharmacist for it) water pill. I did this and was very glad I did. I thought this meant I would be taking many bathroom breaks, but I did not need to do so, more than I would normally go.  And the pills did help to keep swelling down. I ended up being able to wear sandals with cushioned soles and had no issues at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.