Teresa is on the road to recovery.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Ladies.

I got through the op on Tues.Had to be in at 7.15 am but didn't go down until 5.00pm.Nearly thought it was going to be cancelled as they were struggling to find a bed afterwards.The op was about an hr but they couldn't do the hernia aswell.The fibroid was a wopper at 2.8kg.Haven't had much pain,been walking around.The

most painful bit so far was having the drain removed.As everyone said in their discussions it isn't that i bad.I have had the bad wind today and as i am hoping to go home tomorrow they have given me laxatives to make sure the bowels are working .Will update you when i get hom.

xxx

3 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Teresa 

Gosh you must have been in a panic thinking it was going to be cancelled after going through all that!  

So glad you have come through very well.  What a size your fibroid was.  Gosh these things grow big don't they.  What a shame they couldn't fix your hernia at the same time.  Any idea when they will?  

Don't forget the oil of peppermint for the wind pain.  Isn't it wonderful not to have much pain, I am amazed!  Hope you get home soon and take care.

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Hi Teresa

So glad all went well for you. Must of been a long day for you...

Have you got the peppermint oil.. Really good a couple of drops dissolved in some water a few times a day really helps..... I'm 8 days post op now and still taking it..

Keep my fingers crossed your be home tomorrow

Di 😄

Xx

• Posted

Morning.

I am feeling great.Just want to go home.(Still waiting for the doctors to come round)wind has settled but the bowels are not working much yet.I have got peppermint tea but i have

only had 1 so far.I have to get

used to the taste still.(not like

my usual pg tips)

Will be in touch soon

xxx

• Posted

Hi Teresa

So glad you are feeling great.  You will soon be home, nothing quite like it, with all your bits and pieces around you.  Don't forget to drink plenty.  Early days for your bowel yet, but don't forget the stool softeners.  

Love

Jacqui lol

• Posted

Glad to hear that you are out of the other side! Gosh, I wish I felt as good as you! My first 48hrs were hellish! Did you have keyhole, bafinal, or abdominal surgery?

I wish you a speedy healing.smile

• Posted

Hi Paula

I had an abdominal and fell great.Don't know why i am still here.The 1 thing i am worrying about at home is the stairs but i have coped with everything else ok so far and it us not like i have to run up them as i know that this is a no no.

xxx

• Posted

So glad your doing well I wish you a very speedy recovery well done for being so brave. Glad it's over for you concentrate on your recovery Hun and take it easy, get plenty of rest thinking of you. Xx
    • Posted

Hi Jardine.

Thanks for your wishes.If i progress like this for the next 3 months it will be amazing.I still hope to go home today and have sunshine.I am desperate for fresh air.Looking forward to sleeping in my bed again.

xx

• Posted

that was a big one, pleased to hear you are now on the road to recovery time flys over I am almost at 3 weeks post op. You will notice improvments in yourself each day take care and rest
    • Posted

Hi Judy

Just over 6 lb in weight.I cannot stress enough how great i feel.I have been given an Enhanced Recovery Programme which is a bit of a waste of time as the nurses don't have time to go through it with you.I especially felt that i didn't want to get out of bed first time on my own afterwards.

xxx

• Posted

I was left in bed until 11am the following day (my op between 11am and 12.30 previous day), nurse came to see me to say consultant had phoned want me out of bed and catheter out, she sent a care assistant and an agency nurse. they helped me to get out then got a bowl of water to give my self a wash, I was sat in the chair. washed and changed. They both left. I needed something from me cast on the other side of the bed I stood up slowly held on to the bed walked around it and back again. 
  • Posted

Glad it's all over for you 

that must have been a nightmare waiting all day

im still in pain 9 days on

keep in touch

lee x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.