Terrible pain in right calf. Hard to walk.

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Ladies. I have been having terrible pain in my right calf it started on Saturday and would not ease up. Is this related to peri and meno ? Or did i sprain a muscle ? I never felt this before.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Not sure but my son plays soccer and he gets many spasms--- the trainer told him to drink Pedialyte before games and it does help him.. They make packets that you pour into water and drink it.. You might want to try.. You can also take an epson salt bath-- that could help also..

• Posted

You might want to get that checked out. Are you on hrt? Blood clots can cause pain in the calf. You can get an u/s on it to see if it is. I had that pain, turned out to be nothing, but at the time I had just started BHRT, so was worried.

• Posted

Hello Suzanne. I am not on hrt or bhrt. I am now worried what you said about blood clots. My mind is reeling right now. Does Hrt and bhrt cause blood clots ?

• Posted

Sorry, don't want to worry you. Like I said, mine was nothing. I actually think it's my spider veins causing pain, even though doc said no. But you know how that goes.

Still, you might want to get it checked. Are you here in the US? A vascular vein doc can check it.

And yes, think side effects from hrt can include blood clots, strokes, etc. I went off after three months because I was so full of anxiety thinking every symptom was going to kill me, I never really gave it a chance.

• Posted

Just to be on the safe side get it checked by a medical person , youve probably sprained it or pulled a muscle , soft tissue damage can be terribly painful but best to be safe .

• Posted

Try not to worry yourself too much , we can knock ourselves and bump into things without even realise , ive had bad bruises and pain from things i dont even remember doing honestly . Also because of the anxiety we have during this time it hightens everything i think and we worry more about things we didnt give a second thought to before . Try not to worry but to put your mind at rest get checked , then you can relax about it . All the best x

• Posted

Hi,

I had this after my hysterectomy. Even though both calf sizes were the same (blood clot may cause swelling) and no heat, I ended up having a scan of my veins anyway., results revealed nothing sinister.

It is highly likely nothing to worry about, but maybe see your Dr anyway.

• Posted

Hi,

I had this after my hysterectomy. Even though both calf sizes were the same (blood clot may cause swelling) and no heat, I ended up having a scan of my veins anyway., results revealed nothing sinister.

It is highly likely nothing to worry about, but maybe see your Dr anyway.

• Posted

Sensitivity and pain can occur anywhere throughout the body during menopause. I have had pain in some odd places, believe me. But also during this time we incur injuries without realizing when or where it transpired. So you may have sprained your leg and not realize it. Or it could be muscle pain due to our declining hormones. If the pain is too unbearable I would see a doctor. Hope you are feeling better soon. Take care.

• Posted

I had this pain on both my calves when I started peri menopause 3 to 4 years ago. I didn't know then it was part of the onset of peri menopause. I am 52 this year & I'm still having the pain

• Posted

Thank all you ladies for your responses. Its feeling a lot better today.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.