Terrible Perimenopausal Anxiety Can't Handle it Anymore!

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi Ladies. Hope Someone is out there. I feel miserable. I am so extremely tired of waking up with panic attacks. Feels like I am having a nervous breakdown. Pelvic pains, pelvic and rectal pressure, body aches, feeling like I can't swallow. I don't want to do anything but stay in bed and watch TV. Stomach so upset with nauseous that I have lost 15 pounds in the last two months. I will be 49 in April. I just can't wrap my mind around this being perimenopause. I feel like I'm going to die. Have had a ton of ultrasounds ct scans Mris and bloodwork done all seems okay. Getting another MRI with contrast to get a good look at pelvic area on New Year's Eve. I just feel so down alone and scared right now, I hate it, I just want to feel like my old self again. I don't recognize myself anymore

4 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Debbie,

I know a little of how you feel re panic attacks as I wake up with them and in turn they start off the hot and cold sweats which are dreadful lately.

Have you ever thought of Acupuncture as a friend tried it for anxiety and she is much much better, worth a try I think.

Good luck and God Bless,

En x

• Posted

Thank you for your reply and encouraging words. I get the cold shakes and sweats after my panic attacks. I have done acupuncture in the past, but haven't been back since before Thanksgiving. I need to go back because you are right it does help. I hope you are doing well. Thank you for your reply and God Bless
    • Posted

Hi Debbie again - just occurred to me if I cannot sleep after taking one Nitrazepan I take a couple of Herbal Kalms and can feel my body relax, worth a try but would not advocate Nitrazepan as they are a dirty drug to come off and I have been on them for years, the Kalms though are not habbit forming and do work. Keep your chin up darling, wont always be dark at 7 as my old Mum used to say ha ha.  Enid x
  • Posted

Hi ..I know exactly what you mean. I am 49 too and been experiencing almost identical as you except nine is weight gain not loss...The panic attacks are awful and so scarey I thought I was dieing too ...it's only through being on here that I realised I wasn't alone and it is "normal" when going through peri when all I knew before was flushes and mood swings...for the last 5 weeks I've been on Citalopram from my gp as she felt it may help with the anxiety/panic attacks...first 2 weeks I was worse which it seems is normal but last week or so I have felt more positive,no attacks and body aches etc more bearable...I'm back to see gp on 30th for blood test results and catch up on Medstead. ..I'm really really know what you are going through and it's not nice but I hope like me knowing your not abnormal and others are experiencing the same helps xx

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply. It really helps not feeling so alone in this whole thing. I just never realized that this change in hormones would be so very awful, thank God for this site and ladies like yourself who share their experiences too. Take Care and God Bless
  • Posted

We can feel your pain and how fed up you are. Peri is a very challenging time. You are not going to die of a panic attack however bad it is; it sure feels like you will but trust that you will not. Did you have any panic attacks in the past before peri or is this something new?

Have you tried B vitamins to help?

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply it really helps. I have had slight anxiety all my life, but i was always able to overcome with little techniques. This anxiety and panic is so much different. It usually lasts into the early afternoon. I am trying natural herbs and supplements. Magnesium, B vitamins, Fish oil, Amino acids etc. I do well for awhile and then when a new pain or ache arrives that I'm not familiar with I go into a very bad panic attack of anxiety. Thanks again for reaching out. This site and you ladies really help. Just knowing I'm not alone really helps. Thank you so much and God Bless
  • Posted

Hi Debbie

you are not alone, I'm 48yrs old and been going thru peri, awful, nausea, reflux, pelvic pain, bloating, panick attacks, night sweats, painful joints, tiredness, fatigue, unable to sleep at night, tightness in my throat, dry mouth...and I thought I was dying too, last month was worse, went to see a gynea, nothing wrong with me and said it's menopause... Thank God past 2 weeks it's given me a break, I'm my normal self, mine feels like it comes and goes, my periods have gone lighter too, some months back it was like flooding. Now it's only 2 days light bleeding. Hopefully it stays this way, I know how u feel and u are not alone. Just try and take it easy, don't worry too much as u are not alone we are here if you want to reach out.. 

• Posted

Thank You So much for reaching out and giving me those words of encouragement. It really really helps to hear that other women are going through the same symptoms as myself. I am glad you were given a break from your symptoms for a little bit. I do cherish the days that I feel pretty good and I can resume living a normal life😊😊. Thank You for listening and taking the time to respond 💛.

God Bless

• Posted

Hi Debbie, you are not alone. I am also 49 and your symptoms sound exactly like mine! All the tests and no one can help it seems. Endless blood tests, Upper endoscopy, spinal MRI, 2 vaginal ultrasounds, gastric emptying study, CT/abdomen, etc etc etc - even tried acupuncture. My GI gave up and sent me to a neurologist for CT scan of my head - enough with the tests, I'm not doing it. My debilitating nausea has been better of late but now I'm dealing with bladder issues and they want to do a cystoscopy, not sure if I will do that one. It's just one thing after another. I too just want to be normal again. Hang in there, here's hoping 2016 will be a better year for you and me and all our friends on the site! :-)
    • Posted

Are you bladder issues that you now pee all the time!!!!  I know, it's driving me crazy.
    • Posted

Hi Jackie. I have to pee all the time! It's driving me crazy. Just started out of nowhere I have a dr appt Thursday. Hopefully he can sort it out. Has gotten a little better. Just another symptom I guess. I can't take much more!
  • Posted

Have any of you ladies tried seeing a naturopath? Find one that is very easy to talk to. An iridologist is also very good. The one I have is amazing. She recognises the cause and prescribes a bunch of herbal mixes that is just right for you. My imbalance was hormonal and they recognised it straight away just looking into my eyes. No two treatments are the same for different people. It takes about two weeks but it really helps balance hormones etc. I am not going through any of these symptoms now at 51 but did go through it in my early 40's. Have held on to my naturopath since then. The doctors had run a whole range of tests and then one eventually told me it was all in my head. Thank God for my husband who suggested I see a naturopath. I never felt so good after that. I had many of the symptoms including depression. The stuff she gave me was short term herbal. Only took it for about a month and haven't looked back since. I know it may not work for everyone but I pray that it can help someone coz it's not a nice place to be. Good luck to you all. Hope you have a happy and safe 2016. 
    • Posted

Might just do that since I've tried everything else.
  • Posted

Ditto ditto ditto. Im so where you are right now. Been in perimenopause eight years. All I can say is this site is a lifesaver. The ladies on here are truly amazing. Keep talking x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.