Terrible Perimenopausal Anxiety Can't Handle it Anymore!

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi Ladies. Hope Someone is out there. I feel miserable. I am so extremely tired of waking up with panic attacks. Feels like I am having a nervous breakdown. Pelvic pains, pelvic and rectal pressure, body aches, feeling like I can't swallow. I don't want to do anything but stay in bed and watch TV. Stomach so upset with nauseous that I have lost 15 pounds in the last two months. I will be 49 in April. I just can't wrap my mind around this being perimenopause. I feel like I'm going to die. Have had a ton of ultrasounds ct scans Mris and bloodwork done all seems okay. Getting another MRI with contrast to get a good look at pelvic area on New Year's Eve. I just feel so down alone and scared right now, I hate it, I just want to feel like my old self again. I don't recognize myself anymore

4 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Debbie,

Like you, I had a slight issue with anxiety prior to hitting perimenopause then it was like WHAM! things went real haywire and I felt totally out of control. Things that worked for me in the past, didn't for a bit. Ughhh...I thought it would last forever. It didn't. Mine got worse right as I was sliding into the final phases I guess. I am now officially post menopause 1 yr as of 12/20 and it appears that things have been letting up a bit last several months.  

I wish I could tell you same will happen for you exactly, but we're all different. But the good news is, it does really let up and all these feelings of having nervous breakdown and some of the aches and pains will really go away. I believe it has something to do with the natural drop in hormones and our bodies finding their new "normal".  Wishing you the best with the outcome of your MRI.

Anniex

• Posted

Bless you for taking the time to say it does ease up and get better. There is a light at the end of the tunnel smile
    • Posted

There is, just not as fast as we would like it when we are in the height of it, believe me. Just wanted you to know and hopefully it will ease a bit of the anxiety, that honestly it does calm down again along with those odd feelings of we don't recognize ourselves. It's temporary. Remember to be gentle with yourself.

Anniex 

• Posted

it definitely gets better as all the other women have said.  My bad phase like you lasted for about four months horrible months!.  Now at just over six months, the horrible out-of-control feelings have gone! can't believe it, hope it never returns and I too thought that was it for me forever.  Chin up.  You will feel like yourself again soon, just hang on. lol
  • Posted

Dear Debbie,

You are not alone, it can be quite a scary time, the panic attacks, I had the nausea and weight loss due to getting gastitis, the hormone fluctuations caused this due to the reflux and my hiatas hernia didnt help. I hated it all, i thought there was something wrong with me, rest assured it does get better and the health anxiety i felt hopefully has passed xx

• Posted

Thank you the gastitis is the worse, I've had it for 6 months. Can't wait till it's over.  Horrible.
  • Posted

OMG ! I could have written this word for word 6 months ago.  I'm 49 I will be 50 in April.  My biggest problem that seems unsolvable now is my indigestion.  It is still really hard to handle everyday. In short I'm on Prozac and HRT, using all 3 hormones.  Estrogen, Progesteron and Testosterone. I've only now stopped using sleeping pills to fall asleep.  I'm hoping I can continue eliminating things as time goes on and things settle. Hang on girl!  Hang on tight, it's a living hell but I'm here to tell you I got through it and I'm getting better though rather slowly.  
  • Posted

Hi Debbie I am so sorry you feel so awful but just wanted to let you know you know you are not alone. I constantly owrry myself and its really debilitating! I constantl worry about the symptoms I have being sinister that sometimes I just can't function and want to hide away. 

I am currently trying acupunture whic has helped loads already but am also goign bakc to docs to chat again next week. I have indigestion problems I believe and lumpy throat and burning tongue sometimes too. I feel like I have something stuck under my breast bone on my right hand side and sometimes its OK and other times it just drags me down as I can feel it but can't work out what it is. It could be diet related as yogurt does seem to make it worse.

Its so hard and I am only 50 too!

anyway sorry to droan on just wnate dyou to know you aren;t alone as sometimes just knowing that can help I think. Take care Lou xx

• Posted

Hi, I'm wondering if anybody can help me. I'm 34 going on 35 and for the past year and 8 months I've been going through these symptoms ever since I came off birth control:

Started with panic attacks (chest pains with tingling into my arm and fingers), doctor told me I had pulled a chest muscle so I went along with that for a few months until it started getting it on the other side of my body and it didn't seem to be getting better.

Then I got ice pick headaches for a month straight. Vertigo on and off. Sinus problems with sore throat. Felt very wobbly in my feet at times.

Acid reflux. (I have a hiatus hernia but it never bothered me before)

I had loads of tests which took months of waiting and worrying-MRI of head and spine, endoscopy. X-rays of chest,blood tests for auto immune disorders and 2 hormone tests (which were 'normal'wink.

I've always been in and out of doctors when I was younger and it never bothered me and I never worried about these things but it's like once I came off birth control my life changed. I'm certain it's peri menopause. Doctors say it's anxiety. I don't want anxiety meds but that's all they keep throwing at me. When will I be through the worst of it? I get the tremors during ovulation where my entire body shakes. I couldn't drive anywhere for a month as my anxiety was unreal. I hated being alone because I thought I was dying. In my head I knew it was stupid but I couldn't control it. I get crying episodes all the time now. My life is awful now. I was so happy when this started happening and I had been through a lot of hard times but I was finally happy and it came crashing down.

How long does the bad anxiety last for.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.