Terrible sensitive tooth pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I can’t even go for walk in slightly cold weather without suffering terrible pain in my teeth afterwards which lasts for hours,   It’s awful. Is this something more than sensitive teeth?   It’s getting worse as I get older.  I just have to wait for it to calm down on its own. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Tooth sensitivity is a common dental problem that involves discomfort or pain in teeth when encountering certain substances and temperatures. At least 40 million adults suffer from sensitive teeth in the United States, according to the Academy of General Dentistry. 

The pain is often sharp and sudden, but it is temporary. According to the Cleveland Clinic, the pain may shoot into the tooth's nerve endings.

• Posted

The pain is so strong through and lasted yesterday for hours until it eventually faded.   Sensitive toothpastes do not seem to help me.   

If someone could suggest something to me to help it would be appreciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.