terrible, terrible anxiety. heart beating extremely fast...

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone has a panic attack or anxiety attack where your heart was racing? My heart was/is beating 140 times a minutes.

Usually it's just 110-120 but it's awfully fast today.

Has anyone experienced this? I feel like I'm going to die, my chest hurts.

Called the paramedics and that's how I know my heart was beating close to 150. Oxygen was 100% and they checked my heart and it came back normal.

What do I do to calm down?

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Zeidy,

Hey darling....yes it makes ur heart beat fast, I just had an attack yesterday (hates it) take deep breaths, breathe in thru ur nose, out thru ur mouth slowly. Try if u can to focus on something else (better said then done) but remind urself, u r NOT going to faint and medically theres nothing wrong, take sips of water if u have it nearby, turn on music and say to yourself out loud "I am fine! This too shall past!" U r not alone, we are here with u.

Don't kno if ur religious but read psalms 91.

Breathe. You will be Ok :0)

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, no I haven't but other member has pretty badly. I suggest you seek advice from your gp. Good luck
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello, You are not alone here.

A couple of days ago I had a pretty bad panic attack while sleeping.

I woke up, I was all sweaty and my heartbeat was over the roof.

So I can relate to what you posted here.

Try drinking some water when you feel like this, something sweet that contains sugar, like eucalyptus bonbons, and don't forget to breathe.

I know it's not easy, believe me I knpw what you are going through.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes it is normal. Stop monitoring your heart.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

what you're experiencing is completely normal. The high heart rate is because of the release of adrenaline during a panic attack. I had one yesterday that was so bad at the adrenaline force was so intense I not only was sweating shaking and have a high heart rate and raised blood pressure but it even caused me to throw up. but just know that no matter how severe a panic or anxiety attack can be it can never physically harm you. I was with a heart disease and people who have panic attacks immediately think they're having a heart attack so of course my anxiety is only elevated by the knowledge of my heart disease. Just know again that no physical harm can ever result of a panic attack which is what sounds like happened to you. I've suffered with this basically my whole life and it's a terribly misunderstood problem that people deal with. again all your symptoms are perfectly normal when it comes to an anxiety or panic attack. as far as calming down just know during a panic attack your body can only release that adrenaline for so long which is usually 20 to 30 minutes but there are breathing techniques that can help you calm down. And the pains you're feeling are just a byproduct of the anxiety and the tension that is built up which is why people associate and anxiety and/or panic attack with a heart attack. and the reality is if you're having a panic attack but it's actually a heart attack you won't be able to call an ambulance yourself. these are things to think about but definitely look up cognitive behavioral things you can do to deal with such a tax and your anxiety.and remember your vitals came down because the panic attack and me adrenaline released eventually ran out and subsided. Have you not only looked into therapy but also medicinal routes for dealing with your issue
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up