Terrified of night time anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’m just starting week eight of citalopram 20mg and I’m having to take zoplicone 7.5mg to get me through the night. The anxiety wakes me up around three am and then I can’t get back to sleep but on Monday the doctors are going to do me a weeks dose of 3.5mg of zoplicone as I’m not allowed anymore after that because of how addictive it can be. I’m terrified as I don’t know how I’m going to get through the nights and I’ve already lost a stone in the last five weeks through struggling to eat with the anxiety. I did turn a corner after my third week on the citalopram and did well but awoke with horrendous panic attacks in the seventh week and now I feel like I’m back to the beginning, I’m hoping it’s just a setback and that one day I’ll get better.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gemma, are you taking your Cits evening time, If you are, try switching it to morning, I had the same problem with sleeping till I switched?
  • Posted

I’ve switched the citalopram to the morning as the doctors said the they can wake us.
  • Posted

Yeh there better of ‘ kicking in’ during the day Gemma,that’s for sure!  When I’m struggling with side effects, I have my dose till I feel settled again, worth a shot?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.