Terrified someone please talk!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ok it's me, yet again.. The past 4 days I've felt heart attack symptoms. Nausea, chest achiness, left arm pain, not too out of the normal for the new anxiety me.. But definitely prolonged.. Now today I took a breath in and my heart ached. It felt like my actual heart.. Now the main question.. I'm laying here watching a movie.. All was fine. Until all of a sudden I got the strangest feeling in my chest.. I could feel the thuds in my chest, it last probably for 7 or 8 beats and I switched positions and it stopped.. It wasn't like a normal heart palp where it skips a beat.. This was like I could feel it still beating away. I'm now terrified and there is no way I can sleep. I had an ekg two weeks ago and the whole bloodwork, ct, ekg, chest xray in March. Somebody please help. Should I be concerned? Can heart problems arise so quickly? I've been very on edge obviously the past 4 days with not feeling well.

0 likes, 15 replies

Report / Delete

15 Replies

• Posted

maybe your heart was reacting to the movie eg fear response if it was a scary film etc.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well a woman's face did creep me out a bit, the girl was getting hit by a car and then she looked back with this look that just made me think "please don't let me see this in my dreams".. Now of course I'm feeling every other symptom. My body won't let me just relax.. I've convinced myself for four days now that I'm dying, even though last week I was perfectly fine.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi

I frequently get aches and pains from anxiety. (Not to mention I do have chronic pain anyway). But to differentiate pain and aches from the heart or lung area is to do some simple stretching. Two things to note. If stretching makes your pain site more painful, it's probably muscular and skeleton pain. If stretching makes the pain site go away, that's even better. It's just a passing pain. Just like how you get a lot of air in your intestines and it feels painful but after you fart and release the pressure , the pain inevitably reduces or goes away. Develop logical techniques like this and anxiety will not hurt you that much. 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I woke up terrified so.. I guess maybe a combination of everything lol. I'm so sick of this, I think I've been having constant panic attacks for 5 days now. Usually my anxiety takes a break every 3 days and lets me have some good days. I'm hoping to take my kids for a walk but I'm terrified that my heart will just stop out of the blue now.. For some reason I can't get it in my head that heart problems can't just occur overnight. I want to go to the hospital and get checked but I know I probably don't actually need it.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you, I said enough is enough and took the kids for a walk. Slow walk, but still a walk.. Now I got back and I have slight chest aches on the right side.. I was also pushing the stroller.. Coincidence? None of my chest pains are ever true pains.. More just an achiness that happens on and off and then stops.. I'm going to not do the hospital tonight. My anxiety level has gone down a bit since walking to my moms.. Think I just needed a change of scenery and some reassurance. Lol
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Reassurance can be bad in the Long run. You should ultimately seek assurance from yourself. Develop useful techniques while you're still battling anxiety. These techniques will serve you well in the Long run. Personally I tend to give it a few days of no googling and the I don't give a damn attitude to see if it reduces. It's always good to eliminate anxiety from the list of problems. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I did go through something similar when i was a young mom. Id say I was about 24. Started getting heart palpitations,well I hyper focused on them. I made myself get them by thinking of them. I stayed in my room very scared. Went to the doctor,he did an ekg and talked to me,said he could give me a beta blocker. Hearing him say I was ok snapped me out of the cycle. I bet you are just fine. Thing is,try and concentrate your hardest on something else. Kids are wonderful at taking your mind off of things. Try and take them for a walk. Big hugs!!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks, we ended up going to the park today.. I went and got extremely dizzy and pale. I ate some ice cream and a cookie and felt a bit better at least, so I'm assuming the pretzels and one fruit bar wasn't enough today.
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up