Terrified to admit to having depression

Posted , 6 users are following.

Why am i so afraid to admit that i have depression,i have always just said its problems from my anxiety,i feel of people know they will treat me differently,i know deep down that i am depressed,i am on a new tablet now for my anxiety because i get seriously anxious thinking people will know about my depression becuase i an sure that some day i wont be able to get out of bed and then everyone will know, will the new tablet lexapro help with depression too???😣 mental health sucks

1 like, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi there xx anxiety causes this way of thinking and ruminating negative thoughts as depression does xx its a vicious cycle x definately try asking yr dr about talking therapies alongside the medication. Ive never been on yr one so cant say how u will do but give it tym. The nation as a whole has us thinking depression is shamefull. We dont ask for it its an illness in the brains chemistry in the 21st century the world needs to wake up. Its not bedlam in victorian london. I feel shame sometyms depending wat company im in. Why is it still such a taboo ??? Xxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes it sucks!!!! Big tym. But u can share here were all here to try n help each other through. Its an illness just like any other xx but without a plastet cast xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Many people seem to have problems with Mental Health problems and have very little understanding of these conditions.

It is up to you what you do and if you explain your condition to others. You know the people who you wish to explain this condition although you do not need to explain yourself, your health is private and no-one needs to know what is going on.

When it comes to medication you need to explain your concerns, regarding your health with your GP. He will make a decision on the best drug for you, if nessesary. AD Medications can cause different problems to different patients. So it is a problem to say what medication will suite you

BOB

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hamo, you only have to tell those who you trust legally your employer cannot ask you unless you are having major issues at work and need help ? althought I would exercise caution with general acknowledgement. See a GP and get diagnosed again as there are a number of treatment plans until then stay cool.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up