Terrified to up dosage of Citalopram from 10mg to 15mg to 20mg

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm on week 7 of taking 10mg Cit. Still miserable and have side effects -- bad morning anxiety, foggy head, can't concentrate, NO appetite whatsoever, thinking about food makes me nauseous. I haven't eaten a real meal in days. I'm exhausted and jittery and can't sit still. I'm worse now than I was even beginning this medication.

I had a few good days about 2 weeks ago, but those are long gone! I don't know what happened. I used to feel better around 2pm-4pm and be ok for the rest of the night but now I'm anxious and jittery all day long. 

I've had such terrible side effects i'm scared that upping my dosage to 15mg will make the side effects worse. I have been throwing up almost every morning -- it's always just stomach acid (I have GERD, i'm thinking it may be flaring up, I have a tight chest and a lump in my throat). I am so scared to throw up due to me not really eating, I have a fear I'm going to lose all of my nutrients and pass out or die. 

Is Citalopram really for me? Or should I start weening off? I've read that 7 weeks is "still early" but how is that possible?! I should feel at least a little better...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Were you jittery before taking it etc? And the morning anxiety bad before the tabs ?

I am like you I take 20 mg now but it should get better more time .

Can you let me know we can see how we are doing and help out ok.bkess.debi

• Posted

I was not jittery before taking the Cit. And I don't remember ever having morning anxiety -- it would just hit me randomly throughout the day. I began taking the 15mg two days ago, i take 10mg in the morning and then 5mg before I go to bed. So far so good, I just still feel "off". And it's like my adrenaline is pumping so hard and nothing helps to make it go away! I haven't thrown up in 2 days now which is amazing and finally ate some food last night. I drink Ensures to get some nutrients in me. 

I just don't feel like doing anything or leaving the house, my head is too foggy and I feel so "blah".

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.