Testosterone

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has any one used testosterone gel to help with the bedroom bit ive just been prescribed by my gp

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi bev   I was prescribed Tibolone which is HRT with testosterone but haven't taken it as yet.  I wanted the gel but was told it's not available.  Where abouts are you roughly? Let us know how it goes x
  • Posted

Hi Bev I've been taking tibolone for 3 months this produces a small amount of testosterone which does help with libido although unfortunately other symptoms of meno can make you feel unwell therefore not much in the mood for intimacy

Everyone's different so it's trial and error I'm afraid, yesterday I was coping ok, today my balance and dizziness feels worse and a bit nauseous, that then makes thd anxiety worse it makes you feel your just going round in circles with all of this

Here's to better days, all the best

Brenda x

• Posted

Dose the testosterone cause side effects or is your the other meno symptoms
    • Posted

Usually your given tibolone if you have problems tolerating other HRTs, taking estrogen & progesterone. Tibolone is a steroid which the body breaks down and makes into estrogen progestin & testosterone, apparently the side effects are milder

I think your not supposed to be prescribed this unless you've not had a normal bleed for at least 12 months, however, depending on your blood results your doctor can prescribe this for you

To answer your question I've never taken testosterone directly so not sure about side effects but I'd imagine all of the sex hormones would need to be balanced out so I personally wouldn't take just one hormone on its own

All the best

Brenda X

• Posted

Hi Brendababy    I read your post about Tibolone.  If you don't mind me asking could you tell me if you had balance issues or dizziness prior to the tibolone or since taking it?  I have periods of vertigo and the last thing I need is more of it.  I am hoping to start Tibolone soon.  Thanks x
    • Posted

Hi daisylady, I had off balance/ dizziness before the tibolone, it may be peri related or I have a history of ME might be a relapse, just try and see how it affects you but it might help with the dizziness

Hugs

Brenda xx

• Posted

Hi brendababy

thank you so much for your advice.  It makes it easier to make a decision.  Wishing you all the best and lots of luck xx

• Posted

Aww no Probs daisylady, glad to be of any help

Give us a shout if you need to ask anything else

Best of health to you

Brenda xx

• Posted

Hiya I've been perscribed Estrogel and its s gel you rub on your arm for the same issues as you. I haven't used it yet though as I read it had to be a year without a normal period before use and although sporadic it's not been a year yet for me.

Intimacy is tricky when u feel so crappy with Meno issues but I'm hoping desire will come back soon. I feel like a "neutral" person as I am obviously not a man but I don't feel much like a woman either.

Hope it goes well for u when u try the gel cx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.