TESTOSTERONE LEVELS.

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi

Iv been on.Cit for nearly three weeks now (second course) my anxiety has dropped to a level where I am happy. But as part time hobby I do alot of weight lifting... But as the past three weeks have gone by my energy levels have dropped. My recovery time has droppeD. The.only thing I can think of off is lower testosterone sad

Thanks for reading l.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Oddly enough I'm experiencing the same problem with my cycling and running. No energy and longer recovery time. I'm on cit aswell.

• Posted

I am considering coming off the drug , i no.longer feel Alpha. Might have to get my testosterone tested.
  • Posted

Im having the same problem with lifting are you struggling to finish your work outs ?
    • Posted

I done legs the other day. I done two sets of squats and a few leg extentions.... No pump atal so I gave up. And I never give up. It's really getting me down.
  • Posted

I've been on sert for about five weeks and just over a week on cit ...now the only heavy lifting I do is washing baskets for a family of six....but yes I too get tired easy etc...I've put it down to the fact that my body is still getting used to the meds and also after being in a constant anxious state for months my body is bound to be pretty exhausted. Perhaps you can relate...
    • Posted

Sounds like in one. Perhaps your right, maybe it takes alot longer to get use to the drug than I thought.

It's crazy how the mind has a huge impact on a physical state.

• Posted

Hi Dom,

I've been on Cit since May last year and was putting in regular shifts at the gym (weightlifting) as well. I didn't really experience that much fatigue, but it's probably because I've been doing serious cardio (running, playing soccer) for the past 7 years or so. Citalopram does have sedative effects, so you may want to consider taking it at night if you're not already. Plus, yes, it's a downer for manhood. Which is one reason I've started tapering off since December last year.

I also started taking protein shakes after starting Cit which helped with my muscle recovery, which is also why I don't feel much of a difference.

• Posted

Morning Dom,

It does lower everything man! Libido too!

As I have said before we have to accept that perhaps its true, our brains and ! are  connected! Anyway don't go worrying about that, the important thing is to get better and things will return to normal (what ever that is!) when you're better. In the meantime try not to let these little things (no pun or disrespect intended) bother you, just get yerself better Dude! It takes as long as it takes.

Regards,

David

Ps I think i'll go back to bed now after that work out!

• Posted

I've just cut back the distance I run. 4 miles is my maximum now. I ran 5 miles over the weekend and just about finished. Also libido has gone. But I'm better with my depression and sleep well. So I'll stick it out. I've been given them for 6 mths. I'm on 3 mths now. It takes at least 6 mths for treatment to work. I'm hoping to have it cut down. I want to get a job first though. I've got confidence to start looking now. So the drug as it's advantages aswell.
  • Posted

It might be just an initial side effect that may wear off in time.  Im a dance teacher and performer and these meds did make me tired initially, but they don't have any effect on my stamina now.  I've been on the meds a few years.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up