Thank God for this forum. I thought I was going crazy or dying!

Posted , 5 users are following.

After reading several of your posts, I am relieved, and at the same time, sorry for all of us going through so much mental and physical pain.  I started off with my first anxiety attack 12 years ago, but things got worse with menopause setting in.  Palpitations, sleepless nights, fatigue, foggy head, dizzy spells, frequent urination, joint pain, head-neck-back pain, feeling like I have the flu. Both my primary care and OBGYN told me there was no point in having blood work done because there is little that can be done.  How can this be true?  Please share any suggestions.  I will pray for all of us.  

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

It's definitely a difficult journey and so far I've found relief with most of your symptoms by taking 2000mg's of vitamin D and getting a mild nerve pill from my psychiatrist. Welcome to the group and I'm praying for all of us as well.

• Posted

Thanks for replying.  I am also taking a something for my anxiety which helps me to relax and cope this my symptoms.  We will get through this!

• Posted

Hi Julie.  I'm sorry you are feeling bad too.  This forum has definitely helped me through some tough times.  Since starting this journey, I have added vitamins D and E.  sometimes I have to take an anti anxiety as well to get some relief.  Take comfort that you are not alone.  (Hugs)

• Posted

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  It was so comforting to know that I am not alone and I think we can help each other get through this.  I'm taking something for anxiety as well.  Don't know what I'd do without that little pill and now I have you all to relate to.  God bless.

• Posted

Sorry, am I being stupid or something? What do they mean that there is little that can be done? What about HRT? Or, if you are worried about risks, BHRT? Perhaps I missed something - are you unable to go on HRT for some reason? Or perhaps you choose not to, which is fair enough. Many choose not to have HRT. My friends have gone on HRT and say it has given then their life back, given them themselves back and saved their marriages. My main symptoms were genitourinary, so I use oestrogen cream and it has given me back a young and healthy vagina. I'm not saying everyone should go on HRT, there are many reasons not to, I'm just saying we have a choice - much more choice than in the past. I'm not getting why your doctors said there is little that can be done.

• Posted

Thanks for replying.  I know, I really never understood my doctors.   I am going to get some blood work done and am getting to the bottom of it.  I'm not opposed to HRT at all.  I've heard some very positive things and at this point, am willing to try anything.  I am taking something for my anxiety, which helps a lot.  Thanks for sharing the use of the estrogen cream for your dryness "downstairs".  That was a rude awakening!  I'll keep you posted.  Thanks for your insight.  It helps to know I'm not alone and there are solutions.  Take care. 

• Posted

Hi julie, I had blood work done last year and through out when I started,my Dr gave me hormone testing heart and Iron vitamin D checks so far so good,don't let that them sponge you off in most cases it hormonal that is causing us issues but to put your mind at rest press for what you want done if your not happy ok Hugs

• Posted

Hi Maria,Thanks for your reply.  I scheduled my blood work today.  You are right, I am going to be persistent.  Knowing that I'm not alone helps to deal with the anxiety.  Hope you are feeling better. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.