Thank you!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I googled mightily to find that I am not alone in what I'm feeling. Thanks! Whew!

I am okay now with eating and suchlike but after my first week back at work, the incision area (it was only belly button) hurts like the dickens! Reading about all your experiences tells me that I just have to be patient.... Thank you all!! (FYI, it's been three weeks since my surgery - my first ever, truly major, internal organ surgery.)

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Nice to hear good report.... I'm waiting on a surgeon... and this will be my first ever surgery... major internal  surgery... and I'm really anxious.  

• Posted

Had my pre op assessment and now waiting for the date - should,be within six weeks and am on cancellation list. Also feeling anxious but keep remembering what the gall bladder attacks are like and touch wood after keeping to a Low fat diet since October seems to help. Good to hear some positive news as well Sondra - makes me really nervous reading all the negative report shows post op,on here but people say to me what about all the positive people who are getting on with their lives and haven't got time to write on here!! I'm hanging on to that!

• Posted

Please remember that everyone has a different set of circumstances.  Other health related problems can make a simple cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal) very uncomfortable with a lot of post op issues. As long as you stay away from fats, check labels before you purchase, drink lots of water or iced or hot tea, no sodas and eat 5 to 6 small meals after surgery you will do fine. Also if your dr is performing your surgery laparoscopically for about 24 to 36 hours when you lay down the gas they use to inflate your abdomen during surgery tends to move up into your chest, upper back, arms and under your ribs. I was sure I was having a heart attack.  I called my best friend who is a nurse practitioner and told her to call the funeral home I knew I was dying. After she stopped laughing she told me to get out of the bed and walk around and that helps with the gas and she said before I ask her NO you can’t just “toot” and make it go away!  I’m sure you are going to do great. Would love to hear your outcome and please feel free to contact me if I can answer any questions about your recovery. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.