Thank you

Posted , 4 users are following.

Im dealing with the same thing. I was diagnosed with anxiety/panic disorder 9 years ago. I developed a new symptom 2 weeks ago... chest heaviness. Feels like there is an elephant sitting on my chest. Doc tests all come back normal, Ive had about 6 ekg's done in a years time...all normal. I dont even feel like I'm having anxiety when the chest pressure comes on, then I develop it just from the worry of the chest discomfort alone. I too have accepted that if I die, I die. Not only has it helped, but it also makes me value and appreciate life and be the best mama to my two boys because the worry of death is always so present. I love you guys, know that we are energy and energy never dies.. it only transforms. <3 

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi 😊 So much to learn, so much to come to terms with. But so comforting to know other people out there are feeling the same too. (But sad that they are too!) I'm not officially diagnosed with anything (yet!) but from reading all these posts, it's pretty much pointing to health anxiety. It's only been a couple of months. I'm hoping (like everyone on here I guess...?) that once I actually accept it's 'health anxiety' it might be easier to just roll your eyes, take a deep breath, and get on with it! That's my hope. I have 4 kids and trying to keep a happy face on is so tiring. Thanks for your post 😊

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

there is treatment for this . i have positivity suffered from this and at times it can be debilitating and with treatment is can no longer be a part of your life to just roll you eyes at. 

Knowlegpdge is your best friend learn as much as you can about AUDand the triggers that the mind sets off for you to crave alcohol.

HOPE4CURE

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Something to consider in my experience anxiety/panic attacks can cause hyperventilating and heart pain follows lack of oxygen to the heart .  Try to breathe slowly to be sure you body is not deprived of oxygen as usually the case from hyperventilating . If worries about death take over your thoughts and you have children that need you. See a professional to help you . These attacks are real and real medicine can help. It your responsibility for yourself and your family.

once the reason for theses attacks have been dealt with a positive life less thought of death will leave your thinking!

Hopexxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have the same symptoms there is times where i dont get the hole anxiety attack and just get the chest heavyness and tight ness feels like something is wrong with your heart. But ive gone to the ER 7 times because of my anxiety and all blood work came back negative, EKG negative, ECG negative, stress test negative, MRI negative. So i just excepted my symptoms at first i did not want to except it but its gotten better and hope some day it will go away. Hang in there you are not alone have faith!
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Oscar there is help for this condition. There are medications that can help you to never suffer thru these attacks again. Ask your doc for further info . Sometimes the hormones in the brain are unbalanced due to stress or other reasons. Medications can help balance those hormones. 

If you had a broken arm would you just accept that it's broken and not treat it to ne better. That is the scenario to help,you identify that you treat this just as if you need to see a doc to reset a broken arm our brain hormones sometimes need reset with medication.

Hopexxx

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up