Thank You All!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I want to thank all of you lovely ladies for all of the honest real sitution suggestions and posts regarding posterior prolapse. I was overwhelmed with info I had received about diagnosis and surgical procedures. Reading your posts about your experiences with advice gave me the courage to look into all the surgical options and what to expect and avoid.

I had the surgery 12 days ago and by following the advice I received here, am recovering quickly.

No constipation! Minimal pain! I just have to remember to take it easy for several weeks. My husband and 28 year old daughter have been so helpful with all chores...for now. See if they are still so willing 12 weeks into it!

Thanks again.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That's good news. Remember to keep resting and take things easy.
  • Posted

Glad to hear! I am 11 days post op. I feel really good. I'm suppose to wait until Friday to drive, it's my first spot with doc since surgery. I took one pill for pain the next day, that's it. No constipation at all. I can't imagine having it, it was my biggest dread, but I was lucky. Two stool softeners a day works fine.

Ok, now I must take it easy. I've always been extremely active, so what is take it easy? I'm asking Friday. I know no lifting, vacuuming etc. Not to mention driving. I feel great, is the restriction for those on pain meds? It's not a manuel transmission. I live alone except for my somewhat boyfriend who stops by to eat. Just figures huh?

I know I'm driving Friday, my 2 week appt. can I drive to drug store, walk short distance? The docs instructions need to be more specific. Geared toward the more active person at my age of 62. Be specific Doc!

• Posted

I must admit that I have been driving since I am not taking pain meds now. I am not sure why the restriction. I only drive 1 mile to work where I sit down and do about an hours worth of work and then back home again.  It isn't any different than riding in a car which he didn't say anything about.  I was told to walk "as tolerated"?? by my doctor and the hospital nurse. I just go around my street everyday and went to the store for about an hour yesterday. I am not sure if your doctor might have a different opinion on walking or not. Ask tomorrow.

Tell your boyfriend that he has to at least wash the dishes for you if he is stopping by to eat!! 

Best of luck with your recovery and remember to not over do it. Being extremely active, it is so hard to remember to do that but in the long run we will be glad that we did.

• Posted

If you're in the UK your insurance won't cover you until you are 6 weeks post op following pelvic floor surgery because it is thought that if you had to do an emergency stop you wouldn't be able to put pressure on the brake. An example that is often given is how would you feel if a child ran out into the road and you couldn't stop? They aren't my words but one used by surgeons and insurance companies.
  • Posted

Brilliant:-))))  You can have a lovely Christmas being waited on too:-))))

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.