Thank you for your support the past 6 months

Posted , 5 users are following.

Good Evening,

I want to thank everyone for all your support the past months especially KateCogs and Lois and several others.

I've decided along with my doctor that it was time for me to stop Celexa and move on to another antidepressant, I was on Celexa for nearly 7 months and though I had a few times of lessen anxiety it was still there, at times stronger than I would like, Celexa also made me very depressed, I never had depression until taking Celexa.

I'm happy Celexa has worked wonderful for so many of you, and I hope it continues to do so. I've struggled with anxiety for years and years like many of you, and have tried at least 4 antidepressants in which some worked well, and I decided oh I feel great I don't need this med anymore, well, not true, I will need it for eternity and I'm okay with that. So again, thank you for your support, and sending best wishes to all of you. Take care,

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lori, good luck with your decision, im down to 2.5 trying to taper off also, so like a lot of sufferers will be interested in your 'journey' , so please keep us updated.

• Posted

HI Will, though the meds made more 'comfortable ' social, they were numbing my emotions & made me not too bothered about doing chores/ hobbies etc, so i didnt feel like 'me' anymore, so took the decision to start tappering off.

• Posted

wow its very interesting how the effects are so different for people. I've gottenso much more focused and I have a drive to do more things such as chores and better organization like i used to be. I'm thinking that maybe I was sick for a long time and now I have the energy and will to do thinks. lol no pun intended (will).

How long were you on cit? And what mg?

Were you on them for anxiety?

I was in a horrifc car accident which i walked out of it, which amazed everyone including me. I had leakage of spinal fluid for over 1 year and it dissipated. I also had PTSD from the accident. I'm grateful and blessed that I pulled through this.

I do have seen a change if my emotions that I do not get teary anymore. I can deal with that as the pluses outweigh the minuses.

Will

• Posted

holla will.definitely the benefits out weigh the whatevers .i have so much energy and definitely i have all my emotions.so happy you are feeling good.

• Posted

And you also. I'm really glad that we both are on 10mg. It's because of you that I stayed with 10. I justb had to give it those 7-8 months to kick fully in.

Will

• Posted

I Was on 10mg of cit for two years will, for anxiety, but i cut down to five five months ago, im now on 2.5 & have found it to be a 'happy medium'.

• Posted

Wow thats great that 2.5 works for you. Why did you go on it?

• Posted

I Had been on differant meds on & off for about20 years Will, the cits were just part of the long journey, mainly for depression Will.

• Posted

Hi lori

Thanks so much for the thanks.

Sometimes is takes a few different meds before you find ‘the’ one that is more suited to your body. We don’t know if they’ll suit until you’ve given them a long time, which is exactly what you did. Each meds is tailored slightly differently and there’ll be one that’ll be perfect for you.

I hope you find the right meds for you (and I’m sure you will). Stay in touch and let us all know how you’re doing.

My very best wishes ❤️

K xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.