Thanks again for support, making follow-up appointment

Posted , 3 users are following.

I just want to say thank you again for all the support here.  I am still overwhelmed by the kindness of so many of you who replied over the weekend in my post about worrying about health.

There is just no question that I’ve lost confidence in my gyn doctor.  I feel sad about that but also know now that she is not a good listener and didn’t record details I provided prior to having her do bloodwork in August.  But since I also have Crohn’s and my GI doctor wanted me to try the Vitamin D supplements, I’m going to call tomorrow and make a follow-up appointment with him to talk about the Vitamin D and B12 results and also about my anxiety and related nutrition issues with Crohn’s.  I have seen him for several years and simply have a higher degree of trust there.

I am glad that we can help each other here.  Before posting over the weekend, I was afraid it could be months before I could convince myself to go back and let someone help me. You all reminded me that I deserve good care and that means so much.  It is making me cry to write this but worth it to know I can move forward.

I hope everyone here has a great new year and don’t ever forget that you deserve to be and feel well.

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Liz ... stay strong and get all the help you do rightly deserve ... wishing everyone a really happy new year 💕

• Posted

Hiya liz .. I’m glad you can find help or just people to listen to you on these site as it is very good... I suffer with alcertive colitis, and have done for the past 7 yrs (I’m 53 now ) and it can be very hard to cope at times, with this,  Iv been on vitamin D for around 2 years I have to take one aday, and Iv been going through menopause for the last 4years... 🤗x 

• Posted

Suppose to say Iv had colitis for 27 years lol x
    • Posted

Hi Dawn, I’ve had Crohn’s for 21 years (I’m 46) and started having perimenopause symptoms about 3 years ago.  My GI doctor wants me to take Vitamin D supplements, but the ones that I tried gave me dry mouth.  I’m trying to eat a more balanced diet.  Did your doctor prescribe a specific supplement?
    • Posted

Hi there , all it says on mine is vitamin D on the front, and just to take 1a day, it’s a yellow box..

That’s all I was told to take, think because of colitis, as the doc seems to blame it all on that lol, he said just not getting enough vitamin in my body,, every time I go to the docs about some thing they blame my colitis, I take 32 different tablets each day now, because of things going wrong 🤗x

• Posted

Your doctor and mine both said the same thing about not getting enough.  Mine prescribed a specific amount (2,000 IU per day) and the dry mouth problem started about 3 months after I started taking it.  After I stopped taking it, the dry mouth issue went away within a few weeks.  I take one med for Crohn’s and another for spasms currently.  As a side note, the gyn I was seeing didn’t seem to know much about Crohn’s.  I should have known that could be a problem and it turned out to be important.
  • Posted

Hiya liz ... I use to just take a med for colitis, but seems as Iv got older more smytoms have come about, and all doc says it’s down to colitis, as your body not at its best, Iv got to stop on the vitimin D all time now, as soon as I come of it mine drops again.... my consultant if very good at my hospital, he just looks after people with Crohn and colitis so I do get on well with him.. 🤗x

• Posted

Hi Dawn ... my doctor had a similar conversation with me a few years ago about how the odds of developing new issues increases with age.  I have a feeling that he won’t be too happy that I stopped the Vitamin D... probably shound have followed up with him instead of gyn at that time.  How often does your doctor check your Vitamin D level?  🌸

• Posted

Hi liz .. I have to have my bloods done every 3 mth for every thing, and because of the amount of meds I take as well..

Yeah I’m sure the older we get, and having this prob with us, we tend to get any thing they want to throw at our body’s lol 🤗x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.