thanks for not telling me MR GP!!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

just for anyone that is on any form of oral contraceptive.... if you have the nasty side affects of this tablet it actually makes it very much less effective!!! i only found out through NHS direct went i was questioning a missed contraceptive pill sad and now i could be pregnant!

how ironic... i started the little blue pill to lose weight and now it looks like i'll be putting it on because of it sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hiya Cat, have you taken a pregnancy test yet? You might be worrying needlessly. Any stomach upset (whatever the cause) can lessen the effect of the contraceptive pill as can some antibiotics. Hope you are OK smile
  • Posted

its been 2 and a half weeks now and still no period... my boobs as sore and my local familt planning clinc as certain that i am pregnant.... sad guess i'll be putting off uni for a second year in a row! sad
  • Posted

Take a test then you will know for sure.
  • Posted

most doctors dont tell us much from what i have read on here, i suspect a lot dont know enough about them

your contraceptive should mention on its leaflet that upset stomachs and vomiting can lead to them not working effectively

theres a big leaflet that comes with the orlistat tablets that you should have read prior to taking them and it states the side effects i.e upset stomachs

• Posted

Hi Cat I really feel for you . I hope you are having a false alarm. Just when you were just beginning on your journey loss. You do need to do a test Good luck and let us know how you get on

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.