Thanks to Citalopram I'm finally able to say 'I'm back to my old self again'

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've not been on this site much lately because I don't need the support anymore.  After going through hell I'm now better.

Most of the posts on here are when people are having diffuculties and I was the same.  When I was at my worst I spent hours on this forum looking for some positives.  Well i'm better now.  I was lower than low only a few months ago and now I'm looking forward to the future and realise that all the negative thoughts I was having were not facts.

I'm feeling confident again and looking forward to the  future.  Keep this in mind when you are feeling low because I thought the medicines were not working for me and that I should up my dose and that I'd never be well again and all the negatives you can think of, but they are not true, they are just the thoughts you have when you are in a bad place.

Stay strong and have faith.  You will get there like I did, it's only a matter of time.

I've just been to an interview and been offered the job, so feeling over the moon.  I could never have done this 1-2 months ago.

There is light at the end of this tunnel.

Good luck & stay positive. xx

4 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Anna

So nice to hear a positive story! How long have you been taking your medicine? How long before the bad days were gone?

Thank you

Gina

• Posted

Thanks so much for posting this Anna! It provides much needed hope for many of us still going through the early days of hell. Question, did you have morning Anxiety? If so how long did it last? Aside from the morning anxiety I feel awful every day until about 2pm then my day slowly starts to improve and I am nearly at 7 weeks 20mg. Sure is a slow Process!
    • Posted

Yes the morning anxiety did take some time to go.  With me it went at about 2 mnths and then came back again, but I stuck with it and now have no morning anxiety for at least a month. x
    • Posted

Good for you Anna! Must be wonderful to feel well. Please keep posting and updating. Helps us all so Much! I just try to think every day I get thru gets me closer to getting past this phase of hell.

Thx Shane

• Posted

How long did it take you Anna ?? Well done on the job ,that's fantastic . What dose are you on?? Thanks!

• Posted

Thanks Akens.  It took me 3 1/2 months to recover.  I'm on 20 mg and have been from the start.  x

• Posted

Hi Anna some positive feed back at last. Glad you are feeling better but you did not tell us if you are still taking medication . Take care pat x
    • Posted

Oh yes, definately still taking the medicine and plan to for at least another year - no way do I want to go back to how I was before Christmas. x
  • Posted

Hi anna, I have just changed to citalopram as was having bad side effects from fluoxetine am hoping that the anxiety which seems to go on all day will soon subside. Was on fluoxetine for six weeks but not good on them :-( Pleased things are well for you
    • Posted

Thanks Phoebe, just stick with them a good 3-4 months because I was up and down but only seemed to stabilize at about 3 1/2 months in.  Hope they work for you.  I also was on Fluoxetine for 4 days but stopped me sleeping completely so couldn't stick with them.

Anxiety is such an awfull thing but you can recover from this. Good luck. xx

• Posted

Hi Anna,what a lovely post. I really needed this. My. Dose has been upped to 40 mg after years of 20mg, then extra stress got the panic attacks pack so I upped to 30mg for just about 4 wk's, then 2 wk's ago up to 40mg. OMG I've been thru the ringer, last 2 days back to the old me then today flat as a pancake with glimpses of normality. It's hard, really really bloody hard. I just want me back, reading your words offer some light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you xx

• Posted

Glad it helps.  I know what it's like to feel lower than low and was worried that I would never feel normal again.  It's a real rollercoaster the ups and downs, but you'll get there. xx

• Posted

Hi this has helped me too as been on 20mg for 10 wks and just upped to 30mg. I feel like never going to get better and literally slept all weekend on new dose. Just want my life back.
    • Posted

Hi just curious to see how your doing. I'm in the same boat as I've been taking the same dose two years and have just upped it sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.