Thankyou

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone only just found this group and feel so happy and not so lonely, had wat i call Fibro y.o.l.o 12yrs only been diagnosed 2yrs so much to say but feel i not alone and gentle hugs to u all peace x

3 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen Welcome this site has useful information and tips from people who knows the pain and everything that comes with this illness,

You can give advice or vent your concerns someone will always look in and give you support,

All the best x

• Posted

Hi their Karen

your not alone i have been suffering this for years but only been diagnosed a few months ago, yet one Gp that i used to be with told me to stop being sily it is all in my mind yet i knew it wasnt but trust me hun your not alone this is such a caring site with lovely people in here so wishing you lots of hugs speak soon

• Posted

Hi Cherl

I have been suffering for almost 20yrs and I was only diagnosed last August 2014 with Fibro.  At the beginning my GP had actually bought me to tears as he said that it's all in my head.  I felt helpless but years later I am still here and by joining this forum realised I wasn't alone.  It is a lonely condition as people who are nearest and dearest don't feel or see your pains as one tries to carry on regardless and they feel that nothing is wrong.  Just for ones state of mind one doesn't make an issue as one thinks that it's all in the head too.

I have always said to my husband that I don't want symapthy but just support on a day to day basis.  To this day I feel he doesn't really understand what I have to deal with daily with two boys as well, life has been a challenge.  I know I will get through my day with positive and calm thoughts. Every now and then one does get a low moment but do try to bounce back quickly but do struggle at times.

Support on this forum is great ! lol x

• Posted

Welcome Karen

Absolutley, You are NOT alone.  We are all here sharing the same or similar pains and lifestyles. Feel free to share with us and give us your experiences too.  I feel this forum is support for all of us.

Gentle hugs and keep chatting.  lol x

• Posted

Hi Karen you are definitely not alone. Many of us here have suffered with fibro for years and have horrible flare ups too. Sorry but may I ask you what y.o.l.o means? Am I right in seeing that you are just 12 years old? I can understand why you felt alone. What symptoms to you have and has your doctor given you any medication to help you? Please feel free to ask any questions when ever you feel the need to. Take care x
    • Posted

Thanks bluesman I just couldn't work it out lol. Am I right in reading Karen is just 12? I've never really seen someone of 12 be diagnosed with fibro? If she is then I don't think we should mention opiate drugs we are on we need to be careful with what we are advising her don't you think? Wow I feel stressy today lol x
    • Posted

Just realised Karen has has this for 12 years but diagnosed for 2. Really having severe memory and concerntration problems I feel so embarrassed now :-(
  • Posted

Hi Karen I too have just joined & already & feel more content now that other people are experiencing symptoms like me & can share it with each other. It makes a no win situation bearable.
  • Posted

Welcome Karen, good to hear from you..like most of us, diagnoses is usually years in the coming..do hooe you get a lot out if this forum..I do...have a great day..be blessed..:-) xx
  • Posted

It took 15 years to diagnose me. It's a common thing. I just think that doctors in the main, are reluctant to diagnose fibro.
  • Posted

Morning karen..You have come to the right site, everyone on here is friendly and helpful.Lots of information too, you will never be alone. I have had it for at least 20 years but did not get diagnosed untill 2011..I only take Oramorph and Paracetamol now, it keeps the edge off. And I try to move around every half hour or I become stiff. Try and have a good day and (((gentle hugs for you)))Anne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.