thankyou all

Posted , 5 users are following.

many thanks for all those of you who posted reassuring messages, I do know you are all right and that slowly things will improve but it is very frustrating ! at the moment I feel that I am putting in all the work with very little return, guess I will have to take the advice you all gave and hang on in there , many thanks

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm sure everyone has been through something similar so know exactly how you feel..I'm struggling myself at the moment so can definitely sympathise.

I'm 9 weeks post op today and my movement is worse now than it was before & immediately after my op. My days pass in a blur of exercises but I don't seem to be getting anywhere. It is incredibly frustrating and life limiting. I thought the operation would be the toughest bit. I never imagined it would be like this.

I know we need to keep going as things will improve...it's just difficult to stay positive sometimes isn't it?

Finding this site has been a blessing for me. I wouldn't be coping nowhere near as well without the constant encouragement of reading other people's stories. I log on when I'm struggling.....we can all keep each other going.

If you need someone to moan at message me anytime. I'm hanging on in there with you xxx

• Posted

Hi Kathryn sounds like you have been taken by surprise about the enormity of the task ahead once the TKR op has been carried out and I blame your surgeon for that!  On more than one occasion my surgeon stressed that the operation was just the tip of a massive iceberg and that the exercise regime would be both RELENTLESS and TORTUROUS to use his words and I would feel as though I hated him very quickly after regaining consciousness.  I am now 10 weeks post op and my MS and I are coming out the other side and it becomes harder to recall the sheer nightmare of those first 6/8 weeks.  Good luck Kathryn and don't despair as all will be worth while once your body heals. 
    • Posted

Thanks for that. My surgeon did stress that it would be difficult but my leg had a lot more problems than just a dodgy knee. I am only 36 so had years of trying to get someone to take my issues seriously, all whilst my knee crumbled to nothing (you're too young was the constant reply). Whilst I was prepared for hard work, I did not expect my leg to be worse than before. I guess in that respect I was totally unprepared. I did ready myself for work on the knee....the rest of my leg is where I have issues now though. I know I'll get there...it isn't possible to work at something harder than I am.

Thanks for your encouragement, much appreciated.

• Posted

Nothing could possibly prepare you for it , If I am unfortunate enough to need my other knee doing down the track I am going to buy a sports weight and wear it around my leg for months !! the sheer weight of the new knee is torture I am very small with very small legs and persauding my leg to drag this new imposter around is agony youre right at the moment life is just a blur of meds and excercise , we will hang on in there together best wishes
  • Posted

Dotty, sort of like raising kids..it's all hard work and a lot of patience, but eventually it's all worth it. smile 
    • Posted

great analogy, but when exactly did you think raising kids was worth it ? was it when they left ? (just joking ...honest ) today I feel as if I am banging my head against a brick wall , it seems to be all work and no reward at the moment  the highlight of my day so far has been getting my leg off the bed unaided !! (I really need to get out more)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.