The big day. Is there anyone around the 19 age rangec

Posted , 5 users are following.

For starters I want to thank people who have took the time to comment on my discussions and problems I really appreciate it even if I'm not getting better!

No, it's not my wedding day *facepalm*. But as I've said in my past two discussions it's about starting a job tomorrow in a warehouse.

So I'm currently in a slight panic and anxiety attack because I've just told myself "I'm not going" which was really random and scared me quite a little.

For me, I'd rather look for a different job, for example my first job was in retail, but I feel more comfortable doing that, and yes this is my first warehouse job. 

I think it's because in retail, it can get quiet and I like that, but in a warehouse it's crowded and can get super busy and I don't like the thought of that.

Currently, again I'm scared. Is there any stories?  Anything that could possibly ease my mind a little because I'm kind of going mentally ill because of continuous problems.

Also, is there anyone on here around my age?  I'm 19 by the way :--)

1 like, 41 replies

Report / Delete

41 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I can relate. After various problems relating to anxiety, I was unbelievably nervous about starting my new job, in a similar environment to what you describe. I mean, really stressing about it I was. I reallllly wanted to just say no I'm not doing it, but I FORCED myself to go in the first day. And it turned out I could manage it. It wasn't as horrible as I had imagined. After being continuosly brave and going in everyday, I just lost my anxiety about it altogether. Totally.

All you have to do is push yourself for those first few days. It will then feel natural to go there and do your job five days a week.

you can do it, and it will all be fine.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

What kind of job was it that you were doing? For the interview, I applied twice for it and I didn't go the first time, I was really depressed before but once I said to a family member I wasn't going I felt so much weight off my shoulders. Like there is a lot of people, different types and that worries me kind of for some reason and I don't know why. Like I played football with someone of a different religion etc for a year and he was a really good friend so was his dad.

I like the idea of it being quiet, like I know for a fact it'll be super busy and it's just going to melt my brain apart.  

For my interview I was like " it's only an interview just do it even if you don't want it just see what happens " and I got.it, it's like when I get something I think to myself " I don't want it now " like okay then why want it in the first place? 

Thank you.so much for taking the time to comment by the way.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It was a job in a factory of sorts. So lots of different people. You will get used to the pace. We are all incredibly adaptable in these sorts of situations. Pushing out of your comfort zone is totally necessary. Be as determined as you can and go in. You might even enjoy it, and after a month be thinking, wow I can't believe I almost didn't bother..
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I hope I'll end up being like that. I do want to push myself to go, but for instance if I hear or think the word "no" "not" or if someone says you got work or are you going I think " no " it's a pain -.-
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I dont agree, it is not necessary to go far beyond what you feel is comfortable. That statement is a cliché, not to your best interest but the i terest of elitist. That cliché has ruined individuals into stress and anxiety. The least resistance is best, you like and us tolerable, and less stress because you do t have to go out of way. Individuals who gets afraod of their boss and us willing to leap of bounds, will jump high and fall into hell (sorry, that's how it is when you cant see the what's ahead of you or you cant say NO for fear of losing your job.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey there,

Dont think on it. As soon as 'the talk' to yourself inside your own thought, catch it and block it. Ok, it's not like a pop up from a computer where it pops to intrude and can easily close it. Practice on it, catch it while it starts to enter or intrude in your thoughts, block it by pretending there is an invisible shield in your control. I do this during the day, then mide afternoon and before I fall asleep, I let it squeeze my head (meaning I dont get in it's way). I find when I'm thinking alot in my head about the dangers out there, I've become overly cautious, am judgemental about safety and moral right when behaviour of another I dont approval.

By the way, why did you accept warehouse, and not move into another retail job? You said you enjoy retail, so why steer away from something you know you like? With retail, you can still advance in career management eventually, or big item commissions!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello, and I've been continuously thinking about it ever since I got the job to be honest, so the catching the thought might work or might not who knows,but there must of been something for me to apply for it twice? Im the same with what you said in the bottom of the first paragraph! 

There wasn't any really going in retail where I am, I had two interviews, one phone and one face and didn't get the job. But then I thought of this as a last resort type thing.  I'm thinking of just staying there till there is another retail opportunity, but I feel like if I do that, then go into a job where it's less money I'm letting people down, and that I'm letting them down by not staying at the warehouse job.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Trust me, without your mental health, eventually the earni gs capability will also become a problem, meaning it is best to consider what you want to do, in your best interest that will make you happy, weigh the money in consideration but do not let money be the ruler of your joy.

if your mental health becomes more of an issue, those who you think you will let down because of your reasoning will disapprove. As long as you can make a contribution to whom you are living with, that helps but your decision reasoning should align with your feelings, necessity, and want. This will lead you to joy instead of constraints and tormented mind which in essence is UuHhmm hell.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I should go today then or? I'm pretty confused on what that was ment to mean.

It's more money then I was getting in retail, but as you said if it was about money and living, this would be the job I needed? 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

The final decision is yours, no one can make it for you (unless incapacitated in a coma).

Go and try this job, you wont know unless you try. It's the illness of anxiety that is the hindrance to your feelins and thoughts, making you confuse in deciding, it magnifies unrealistic thoughts and feelings, then get scared. Go to this job, and give it a chance, also talk and meet new co-workers so you do not feel alone there.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Lawrence and Mary this can be both for you!

well I completely broke down to one of my grandparents before I was going to leave the house telling them how intimidating it seemed.

I arrived there, and I rang my mate just like I did with the interview untill someone I knew was there called Mohammed or "King Mo" as he's now called [wink] ! he shook my hand asked me how I was then as he locked his car when we were walkng, I went to lock mine as a natural reaction, and I saw his car rolling slowly out of his parking space and was inches from another car, I couldn't stop laughing it hit me so hard and lightened me up a little, I didn't go in the canteen because I felt intimidated ( its where we had to go but I went in there when It was quiet with the three guys I knew), but I was in a group of four for the rest of the day after a very un organised start which shook me and I told family members I didn't want to be here, and I felt okay, still very very scared but at some stages I had no feeling, but I still feel as like I don't want to be there currently, im 45% no 55% yes, but I guess adding the 5% to the possitive is okay, right rolleyes?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You see!..I would call that a success. If you keep at it every day will get 5 percent better each day. Remain positive and congratulate yourself for mustering the courage. It can be extremely hard to do so, but you must continue to challenge yourself and your ideas of what you can and can't do.

Be proud

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I'm proud of you that you went. When I never had anxiety before, those in the office were just doing their job just like me. As for my bosses beforehe aniety, I did not see them superior than me cause they are human just like me, just a different title (i.e supervisor). The anxiety came later after switching to a new job, and I didnt know what responsibilities and (yes, they were disorganized), so stupid me, I went ahead and did duties that were'nt even mi es. I remember from my second job, kept things professional, but I left there as soon as things felt uneasy as becoming personal. I feel sorry also for pretty women in the work force, there must be alot who dont say anything, but they usually get harrassed by a male in the office, and outside not safe for me either. Anyway, I shaved off all my long hair to look ugly, it worked but I felt ugly haha. I go out not bothering to fix myself anymore, my long hasgrown back. I am no longer ougoing, I feel I need to walk with a long dress covering my skin and one of those long head covers. The scar is not physical, the scar is inside. I know what you mean when you do percentage with how you are feeling, I do it too! I also am an analytical thinker. However, I have subdued analyzing, and observing in order to calm and heal my invisible scars.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I feel like, if Mo's car didn't roll and nearly hit another, the humor stimulant in my brain wouldn't of been able to take over the fear if you get me?

I am proud that I went, but like right now I'm nervous for tomorrow.

It's a success for the first day yes, I'm just hoping it can continue!

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I seem to analyze everything, like to the extream which I guess that's part me and part anxiety. But without seeming like I'm harrassing, there was really pretty girls there,  not a lot of girls but there was ( don't know if their single because I was to nervous and to be honest it would be wrong if I was to come on very stong ) but they were. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah, humour is a very good medicine for this ailment. I know that, and I know the stimuli has to come from an action either outside environment or from another who is being funny. So thank you for passing that along to me, I forget sometimes.

I know easier said than done, but give the confudence back to you, they are just as human as you, they also can make mistakes at work or feel scared ir intimated. These emotions aren't really discussed by associates cause I guess it shows vulnerability and weakness. Dont dwell on it, maybe you got a video game u like to keep your mind occupied.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Please cut back on the extreme analyzing and observation, and ya it's part of the nadty symptom, but a part of who you are. Can't a part of you, cause you weren't born like that, it was learned and became a cumpulsion. By all means, look but dont stare LOL, and it is not harassment. Harassment is unwanted advancement towards someone not interested but you keep pursuing her/him anyways. It's no big deal if you found love at work, many individuals have found their partners at work, but be cautious with a boss could turn dirty. Wow, not too many girls but the ones they hired are attractive and can do their job, heh that does not surpriseme at all. In corporate advertising, I noticed beautiful smart women hire,d, also saw gorgeous men in suit. Oh my tongue is hanging out LOL, and I know that not all men does that, so I was able to let that go, and I do findself slowly looking at guys. But I have to say, once I smile, the sexual vibe goes up, and it seems like they smell me haha. Now even if I were to smile, and catch a man, my interest in sex is almost Nun (ooops, I mean none haha)
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

The Dreamxo, sorry about my typo or grammar (should be not a part of you). I dont really bother to check cause it's part not analyzing, and not being a perfectionist. However, I should at least check.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

What was going through your mind, before you broke down, did you remember? Sorry to hear that, but something went wrong somewhere, and need to reflect a bit so you can do something about it.

Has anyone picked on you or bullied you in the last 2 yrs, along with home and job stesses? How are things at home with family, are they supportive of things you do? Do you take rec drugs mixed with alcohol to try and cope.

One more question. How do you see and feel about yourself? Have you put youself down, compared yourself to others and feel lesser than them?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

The same as the first day and how I'm feeling now, that I don't want to be there, that I'm scared, Ifeel intimidated, it's such a messy place, i feel costraphobic in a really big warehouse, like I'm trapped once I get there, like im being sucked in, then I look around, see how busy it is and how theres like loads of things in one area then I start to panic and I know it's not the job for me.

I don't drink, smoke or do drugs at all.

I have been picked on from Junior school up to jobs. At home it's a 50/50 thing. I've never saw myself and better then anyone, always a lot less, but thats because I was being bullied for years I think so it's a natural thing for me.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ok, you took a try, went there and now know its not the job for you. Have to try and understand, just like in any relationship, there is no job that is going to be perfect. Things at work got to done, that's why you get paid. See before I broke down in crises, things were wonderful, but went on to a job, they were dusorganized, arguments between each other and did not seem professional, it was a smaller and fewer workplace. I am very comfortable in organized large companies. I dont like little companies, cause they tend to get close and then get their emotions there, as if it home. It is not home, wofk is professionalusm, keep emotions at bay, that how it should be. Seriously, if I was a boss, and some crew were emotional outburst in my company, unerving other employees working, I woukd fire each one of them.

The bully experience is never a good thing, especialky when you start to feel inferior. This takes away from natural confidence. If you are not pressured by family to get work cause you're of age, can you get yourself to a program to build your confidence. Your confidence is there, submerged, and your fear uprised. So instead of confidence and self esteem in your crown (ego or self), you have fear (they call this thorny crown). Also, in ego you have natural intincts in this world. The subconscious, which is of the spirit, has uprised and unable to cope in the physical world, and this feels like you aren't you, cause subconscious taken over and in there, lots of baggage of emotional heap.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's like in a hour I have to go, and I'm about to brake down again and I can't take it. I am kind of presured to have a job, but they know I'm not liking it what so ever.

Currently, I can hardly breathe, hate it right now.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ok calm down. Take a deep breath. You don't HAVE to go. You are in total control of what you want to do. Think back to how you felt the other day, reallllly reluctant to go to work. But it was ok. Not nearly as bad as you thought it would be. It will be the same today. You have to try and be brave. I've been tgere and I know it's really not fun. You can do this..
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I don't want to go either. it's been the same feeling three days in a row, I'm trying to take deep breathes, but its hard to. It wasn't like ok ok, it was bad ok, which is how i expected it. They didn't know what we needed, they didn't know what we had to take in. I've already applied for other jobs. I just want to stay home.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ok, it's up to you. No one will force you to go to it. But it might be difficult to find a job you are instantly happy with going to every day. There will always be a settling in period. If you hate it so much then give it a miss but if you muster your courage and get through it, you will be glad for it. I do know how you are feeling. I had a really tough time getting over that. Hating having to go in, but your anxieties give up pestering you when you acclimate to a new routine of working five days a week.

There's always a community here that will listen to you if you want to vent

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Drnk some water, eat snacks and you must take the breaks. You are alliwed to take 1 break in the morning and 1 break in the afternoon, depending on hours of work throughout the day. I hope they told you this during the interview. Anyways, if you cant wait until work ends, talk with the guy who hired you and thank him but apparentky thue job you thought was suitable is not. You wont be uskng him for job reference and you dont need to mention this short stint to your next job interview, they will be afraid to take a chance. Or if you can still hold out, and when you get home, talk with the folks and tell them about your current condition, not because you are lazy, but you need to find a suitable compatible job. If they dont understand, you must go to have therapy and bring your parents with you so they can come to understand. I'm not a fan of therapy, but they do listen and that Dr. Can get you into a program to build up confidence. Dont always listen to what is told, you decide if what is being said makes sense.

Later, Im going to the hoslital to get a scan, I need to move my disability to approval stage. I have intellect that will allow me to make my own money, but the pressure in my head is unbearable. I know what I will do to make income and it's something I like. The only problem is with one of them, I will be dealing with public again. I dont mind that, so long as my confidence and self esteem returns. It comes and goes, I am unstable.

I lost all my savings once I got anxiety, but somehow I also know that once I'm healed, so too will my ability for wealth building. I will tell you, those whose confidence is constant and not much fear, take reasonable realistic risks gain abundance in whatever they set out to do than those who has major fears, less confident, and unrealistic in setng goals will have less abundance. You need to take care of you first.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have applied for another job, but I've mentioned here ( I'm.at the work now)  because it's in retail but it's warehouse retail, so I felt I needed to say what I was doing here, I mentioned that it was messy and stuff, for example I applied at carpet right in the warehouse, and mentioned i wanted to stay close to retail, it was my perants idea of applying whilst having this job
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

What's the way that you can make your own money? can message that if you wouldnt like it on here. I feel the same with how the presure is in my head, like I CAN feel it squeezing my head. 

I did go in today, and the person who's like incharge of me gave me an order that might of gone over my clock out time, was around 18 items, I did it going over by a couple minutes and she said ' keep doing that and you'll be fine' she's going to tell me my picking rate tomorrow. But that made me panic more, like I said I did apply for another job, and also, the guy I was with who I know, has also leftrolleyes

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I like to be messh at home, but at an office I want it organized and clean. I find a disorganized and unclean and very noisy worplace is 'trouble'. That comes from experience, not from just believing.

If you want retail, that's what you should apply for, and if they gave you warehouse retail but not in retail (sales?), then that is not in line with your passion and goal. However, many individuals take what is known as 'survival jobs' and those are the pits, cause you aren't happy but need to have financial means. Long ago, I had an office job but needed extra cash, so I applied for cleaning and got it. The lady that hired me took one look at me and said, I dont think this job is for you. She was right, I did a 1 day stint, finished it like a champ, went to her and said I'm not coming back. I was contious of what I like and I dont stay when I dont like it. I lost that conscious part of me. Talk with parents, dont be afraid just explain that you want to look for what is going to make you enjoy what you do.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Were you doing something that you did not to do but did it anyways although at some point you realized and new from your heart that you detested it? Now you are cautious and in fear of what you are doing and how you feel about it? Science calls it anxiety, I call it soul emergence. They can't call it soul, cause not everyone believes that. And they do not want you to know, they try to supress spiritual insight, cause well, I think cause it would be too moral in the world LOL, and with high moral individuals, less of casinos/ganbling, drugs, pornography, war, infidelity, group sex, violent shows, freedom of self expression.

I am going to do retail, selling my own created jewellery. I'm also going to do 1 fake brand name jewellery. I'm selling it as a fake, I dont need trouble.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It's in both, because it's in the back on the store, and you have to dress and be like your in the store its self and plus, its more of the money ( well whats advertising ).

I didn't get what you ment with the top sentance ? I'm not cautious, i don't have time to think I'm cautious It happens so fast for me to be paranoied and everything.

I was thinking about doing a clothing line, ahh

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

If you are not happy, just leave, that's what I used to do when I was assertive, eslf-esteemed, passionate and confident.

There are other factors in my illness, and may not be just anxiety. I delt in mystism, explored the question why do we exist, read on philosophical books and went on to look at religions. The questioning and information while I was under stress wasnt good. This thing grasping my head, squeezing it has got to stop. While prayer wlrked for my body, it doesn't seem to work for my head. I have no other alternatut to use mystism. I said I wont touch it, but the 'snake' poison has already reached my head. I'm going to use chants tonight, and use words of incantation not of religious texts but from mystic knowledge. Ya, it's weird and out of this world. I will let you know of the outcome of this battle. This battle is to free myself from the serpant, and get back my innocence.

I need to use incantation with regards to conflict between two polarities, incantation of the North star, of Orion belt and the pryamds of Giza, of the 4 corner entrance doorway. I will close all doors to entry within my soul, and send them back to whence they came from. I'm going to another board more to spiritual attack, rather than science. Ok bye and good luck. I will come back if positive results.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Well I don't want to work there, my brain has took such a beating this week, I can't take it, I'm hurt mentally and physically. I just don't want to be there and I can't take it anymore.:'(

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up