The Day Is Almost Here

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'm due to have my gallbladder removed  tomorrow and  I'm terrified! !

I'm so scared of coming out worse than I went in ! The  thought of being 

in more pain  and having  diarrhoea  afterwards  fills me with  dread. 

I'm hoping it will get rid of the burning type  pain I have all around 

my ribs and  hopefully  I  will be able to eat  a bit more !!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Linda good luck I will be thinking of you! Keep us posted as to ur progress.

wishing you all the best.

• Posted

Hi Linda I hope all goes well for you tomorrow. Please let us know how you get on. I am waiting for my operation date now and like you I'm scared of feeling worse coming out. I know I have to have it done and having been really careful about what I am eating touch wood am feeling quite ok at the moment. MRI in a couple of weeks to check no blockages and then just a waiting game. Good luck x

• Posted

Hi Linda.. please don't be scared! You will be absolutely fine x I was just the same as you . I'm 3 days post op still sore but feeling better .I've have no problems (touch wood) With toilet situations . Just get as much rest as you can try to drink lots . The biggest prob I had was the sholder pain from the air they pump you up with try hot water bottles and massage. Xxx don't worry.

• Posted

Hi Linda :. I had my gallbladder out in Feb 7 th of this year. I was worried and scared too. But when I came out of surgery and recovered in the hospital for 5 hours. They sent me home. Afterwards I did have problems with the poops and a soar stomache. But I find it alot better then all the soarness and cramps. You will need to rest and relax. Just take it easy for the first 6 weeks. It takes time but as time goes by you will feel.much better.. just listen to the hospital when they give you instructions. And the only thing I find I can't each much of the greasy and spicy foods. I was on anti inflammatories to help with my pains. The cramps you may get is just from the organs going back in place.. They use a special gas to blow up your stomache to separate your organs to take the gallbladder out. You can also eat whatever you like too But don't worry you will be fine. Good luck and please keep me posted. Take care

• Posted

I do and had it if and on during March, April, May and June. I've now had it 24/7 since the end of July. I spoke to the gastro consultant last week and he was 100% dismissive to it being caused by a gallbladder problem. I've read so many stories of people who were lightheaded and off balance with gallbladder problems. Mind you the gastro consultant i've seen has taken it as 100% conclusive that i don't have a gallbladder problem even though i have all the classic symptoms from blood tests, ultrasound and CT scan. Ultrasounds are not 100% accurate and CT scan are an even worse diagnostic for gallbladder.

• Posted

even my gastro tells the same thing that dizziness is not due to Gall bladder. Only after removing we will come to know. sad
    • Posted

Thanks!   I have  had  dizziness and feel  off balance  for a very long time. 

Don't know if it's gallbladder related  or something else. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.