the end of all menopausal symptoms!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Is anyone out there completely OUT of menopause and all symptoms????  Trying to find some light in all this daily darkness.  smile

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

• Posted

My aunty just turned 70 she's finally over it so she thinks, lol.
  • Posted

Hi Jo I wish I could say I'm over it, im not im in the thick of it. It's 1.15am and can't sleep, anxiety / health anxiety, stomach problems, fatigue but can't sleep, bad thoughts the list goes on. Please God I hope it does end soon cus ive had enough - we all have each other on this site for support though and we are not on our own x
  • Posted

Hi jo,

That's a great question one I've been trying to find the answer to myself!

A few of my peri symptoms got a bit better after my periods had stopped a while but I they seemed to be replaced by other new ones.

I've given in and trying HRT it has made a remarkable difference.

If as Patrathegreat says her aunty thinks she is over it aged 70 I need to work out how I'm going to be able to convince my doctor thati need to stay on it until I'm at least that age!

• Posted

I have major night sweats
    • Posted

Try flax seed oil and there are some pills I've recommended called Hot Flash, all natural, made of herbs that helped me, until I stopped taking them. St. John's wort for anxiety and ginger tea for stomach aches.
  • Posted

Id like to know the answer to that too. some members like jayneejay who were so devoted to the forum arent coming in at all now ? would like to hear from some 'senior' members who have posted as early as 2007 ---2013 --( even on other simillar forums) but they dont come back...it is a good sign maybe.

yesterday read Vogels newsletter- said there are some big company managers and ceos who are in their menopause ! but no concrete evidence or testimony. susan weed speaks of all the symptoms as though she has experienced them and she is a highly enlightened being. i see so many women around me who look so happy and are managing their affairs so well...id like to stay positive on this score--

but on the other hand i hear of women who have had a stroke, had hip replacement, hip fractures without any big accident and i know where they are coming from.....

• Posted

Hi there Hope your ok. Just picked up on when you said you read Vogels newsletter, I have too and have been tempted to purchase a couple of products but before I did I did some research and like you say no actual concrete evidence of results so decided not to waste any more money ! but maybe some things work for some women, ive bought things before ie certain vitamins that have done nothing to help me, so back to riding things out and being so very grateful for all you wonderful ladies on here xx
    • Posted

lou, I do not endorse the products on their site. theyre too expensive for me and they may not ship to my country......even if their efficacy is proven beyond doubt.

but words and solicitations are always welcome and i remain open to all.

• Posted

Thank you and yes like you always open to suggestions, take care x
    • Posted

I would love to hear from Jayneejay too, she was great.  I hear you about women entering menopause and having these big problems too., I feel petty complaining about my symptoms when others are dealing with more significnat health challenges.  I need to be more thankfiul and grateful,.
  • Posted

Hi Jo,

Yes Jo, there are some of us out here that have come through the dark menopause tunnel and out the other end.  I feel better physically  and mentally than I have for years.  I feel so sorry for the girls who are going through it now - but I promise you it doesn't last forever (although it may feel that way.)  I came across this site when a friend and relative both started the perimenopausal symptoms and I wanted to help them out.

Keep your chin up, there really is such a thing as a" menopause survivor"wink 

• Posted

Thank you Thank you!!! I think we all needed your comment to perservere! Praying for better days ahead!
    • Posted

Hi dunnit

Really interested in how long you went through the 'bad' phase and if you took anything at all.

So positive, so any information would help everyone.

lol

• Posted

Thank you! Good to know that this horrible dislocating experience will eventually end.
  • Posted

My mom was in her late 60s when it was over, it lasted about 12 years. The whole thing is horrible, I am sorry, I have heard people say over the years how great it is not to have periods and how great it is not to get preganant and how liberating it is and all that crap.  Menopause is terrible for me, the hot flashes, mood swings, panic attacks, bloating, joint pain, joint swelling, chills, leg and arm pain, hard time losing weight, there is nothing liberating about it.  Sorry, I digressed into a rant. But, my understanding is this is a decade long process. 
    • Posted

I'm right there with you on this one it is crap. I can't find any positives at all on any level. I never felt this ill every damm day and every day there's something else. Severe fatigue, achy bones and joints, nausea, anxiety / health anxiety, no sleep, changing skin, hair loss, no libido at all, we try to laugh and say it will be ok - will it ? I wonder. Every day same old same old and im tired of people saying ' oh Lou you look so pale and I'll ' and yes people really do say that. Hubby sick of me never wanting sex, no I never want sex again - just want to sleep but can't. So I agree I can't see any positives and tonight it's all rubbish again. This isn't self pity it's the truth xx
    • Posted

Lennie, You just mirrored my symptoms!  It's very difficult to have a full time job and be "on" for clients all day long.  Guess I gotta look forward to being late 60's.  My symptoms have lightened up but then come back with a vengence!  
    • Posted

Yeah horrible and after 11 years I've had enough and trying HRT. It's made some stuff better already. I wish it would sort my sleep out.

For my husband I use testosterone it helps with libido. I'm more interested. Estrogen has addressed the dryness issue. At least my husband is happier!

It does something for confidence though, having and enjoying a sex life again.

But other things still come up horrible shoulder and arm pains at the moment. I'm going to need help putting my coat on if it gets any worse.

Also so tired I don't want to do anything and he doesn't understand what I mean says go to bed if you're tired. At least some of you will understand it's not that sort of tired, I only wish it was.

• Posted

word of warning, the shoulder and arm thing started slightly for me last july, got progressively worse until I couldn't move it, had to get help with clothes, washing hair everything.  lasted five months and then started to go slowly.  i can put my arm into my clothes again and am doing most things again although still cannot put my arm straight up anymore. hope it does come back to full movement and NEVER comes back.  Be careful of this.  
    • Posted

Yes, I feel the same way, and I forgot the nausea, I agree with you about sex, I am not very interested at all, I dont see the positives either, its a load of crap, I think the whole its a wonderful time in your life stuff came from men or younger women who have not had to deal with it, I remember the show All in the Family had Edith go through this and the show made it seem like it was just a few weeks. Hell its years of this
    • Posted

I lost my full time job when this started, I teach part time, but with these symptoms I cannot even imagine having to deal with 8-9 hours at a job, the nausea and joint pain alone alone is debilitating, and I have not even addresed the 20-30 other issues I deal with at least once a day,
    • Posted

Gosh shoulder pain is just awful. My Hubbys had four shoulder decompression surgerys and Hes still in pain from it now, he had ruptured tendons and said the pain was worse than anything he ever knew, I was there whilst he was at his worst with it so I sympathise - shoulder joints are complicated simply due to the amount of movement there.

funny how men can always think about and want sex even when they're ill  ! Mine had a heart ordeal a few months ago and is on different meds and yet it's still on his mind, don't they ever stop! I just can't be bothered and he doesn't get it. Do t want to wish my life away but can't wait for all this to be over xx

• Posted

huh yeah a couple of weeks would be bearable ! and yes it is a load of crap. Had a few words with my eldest daughter earlier as she called me a drama queen !! bless her but she is young and can't imagine how things are.......

I think sex is not gonna be on my radar until I'm about 70, so he's in for a very long wait ! xx

• Posted

There are some things I have read that some of the ladies have used about the libidio issue if its going to have an impact on your marriage. Men are wired to want sex pretty frequently, especially when they are young, but as they get older its still pretty much a major part of their life and yes their illnesses dont seem to impact it, but for us its hormonal and that is the main factor, I think I read where a lady said testorone, I probably misspelled it, my typing today is terrible.  
    • Posted

Yes thanks metamorphed, I have been reading up about it lately frozen shoulder?

At christmas my husband said rest it which I did for a few days but that makes it worse. It's better if I just carry on and put up with the pain. My worry now is it started in my left arm in September and now occasionally it's in my right one as well.

It's getting painful doing my bra up now and especially if I'ma passenger in the car reaching for the seat belt. Also like you the hair dryer.

I will tell the doctor about it when I see her but it died look as though not much can be done and they usually resolve on their own in time.

I'm not enjoying it at all and that side (the left) has got very much weaker for carrying things as well.

• Posted

Well what I've found is this lol,

So my husband knows I'm trying to regain some kind of sex life.

The testosterone makes me more "up for it" the estrogen makes it more comfortable. The progesterone gives me a week off!

I have found as he is much happier now he's getting some (and yeah he's greedy lol and has never slowed down and like you say if he's ill he's still after me) anyway as he is much happier he has become less inclined to moan about my never ending "illness" and has actually been somewhat sympathetic (at this point on the HRT I feel I don't really need his sympathy) maybe it could also be my not complaining so much.

There has certainly been less eye rolling and pained expressions from him.

I did try to talk my GP into prescribing some testosterone but she was not willing to do that so I have to buy it.

• Posted

I don't know how some of you ladies manage I don't think I could even think about working now. I really feel for some of you having to carry on working whilst experiencing these awful symptoms.

The sleep side of it has really done me in. I feel much older than 54. I'm going to see if I can try a higher dose of HRT which has made things a lot better my mood generally is much brighter but still not what it was.

• Posted

i just couldnt think of carrying on with my job...was very stressful, always under the scanner.....performance oriented

in a job where you can hide behind a desk/computer all day - might be ok

ive tried to convince my hubby about my health situation - just doesnt get it. wish he would read these forums but has no patience.

for men sex is more of an ego issue - my hubby wants it more when he is ill, even after accident and heart surgery !

for sex issues, its best to continue till one can, less frequently but think of it as an exercise lol

• Posted

LOL, I like that an exercise, mine knows its once a week and thats it, its like a favor. As far as the job issues, its not easy for me to work full time at all, I am part time and I teach high school kids taking college credit and man oh man, do I get emotional, not to mention the physical issues.  I cant imagine full time work since meno.
    • Posted

My Hubbys the same, he had a heart attack six months ago and has three stents in his arteries and still wants it !! For gods sake even after that they can still manage it ! Well I for one can't be bothered ! What's the point when it's so painful , I'd rather watch telly or eat a bar of chocolate and then go for a walk for my exersise - x
    • Posted

I just read this great quote by Cheryl Strayed, author of Wild-

“I used to see a butterfly in my mind’s eye every time I heard the word transformation, but life has schooled me. Transformation isn’t a butterfly. It’s the thing before you get to be a pretty bug flying away. It’s huddling in the dark cocoon and then pushing your way out. It’s the messy work of making sense of your fortunes and misfortunes, desires and doubts, hang-ups and sorrows, actions and accidents, mistakes and successes, so you can go on and become the person you must next become.”

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.