The Fatifue is so dreadful!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

I've been going through Peri for a good 10 plus years, my last full period was in July. I am continually tired, my thyroid is fine I am low on vitamin D tho. I started a light period last week but all I want to do is sleep. Is there anything that can help with this? Thanks so much!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

you can try d-ribose i have mono and have been taking it . not sure if its helped but worth a try

• Posted

Hi deedee, I understand the fatigue. I have vestibular migraine and am in peri..which both gives me awful fatigue. Not sleepy, but full body exhaustion.. I take 100mg of COQ10 ubiquinol supplement everyday (along with my medication) as part of my migraine treatment. I have been taking since Jan. I am not doing cartwheels, but I am not as worn out as I used to be. Might be worth looking into and speaking to your dr. Vitamin D alone is probably not the issue...we are all borderline to low.

• Posted

Hi, I no how you feel its pretty awful isn't it, as you say your vitamin d is low, have you started supplements as yet ? It does take a while to build up.

I felt dreadful, achy, headaches, severe tiredness with low vitamin d so hopefully your tiredness will improve when the vit d kicks in.

Basic things?

Could it be any medication?

Have the doctors done a full blood profile.?

How's your eating patterns?

Do you get enough vitamins do you think from your food.

Do you drink enough water?

Just basic things but I guess worth a thought. hopefully others will chip in with ideas if it's medication related and they can help with cycles of menopause etc .

Best wishes

• Posted

Hello!

The doc gave me prescription vitamin D so I hope that helps, my blood looks good except for low vitamin D and low hormones. Ive been eating clean and exercising , I try to drink a gallon of water a day. Thank you I hope the Vit D will help!

• Posted

I would start taking supplements. I take a handful but some that could be helpful for you-- coq10, vit D, multi, B-complex. If your low in Vit D I would take 2 for a couple weeks-- you might start feeling better after that. Keep drinking water and eating healthy foods. Be good to yourself and if sleep is what you need, go for it! When I was super tired, weak, and couldn't do anything but cook dinner .. I slept.

• Posted

I will take your advice and others and try the coq10 with Vit D and add amulti vitamin. Thank you I have been sleeping when tired and trying not to feel bad about it and taking care of me!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.