The Full Work Story.

Posted , 3 users are following.

So in August I got my first job, which was in retail and I really liked it, it was at a DIY store. I thought the first week was going really well, but they was not training me correctly as they should. For example a superior said " Go to Alice she'll teach you something, yet she didn't have a clue what she was ment to be teaching me, this was a regular occurrence. I basically had to try and train myself on most things such as tills. then I got called upstairs to the managers office and she complained that I " wasn't coming into work happy " I thought to myself, ive been so nervous and because of my paranoia and anxiety I don't enter places confident especially after 4 days unless I'm with friends.  Then the manager, I felt was targeting me. I usually here people say my name, so I turn around and ask colleagues if they do, and one time I did that a colleague just finished with a customer, yet the manager who was in a different department down the Isle shouted at me saying I was over riding a customer, when I wasnt because he was talking to his wife, then I got a warning for not " single scanning " when I know full well I single scan more times then any other worker working there!!  I felt like I was being victimised quite a lot, in the end I had a meeting and they terminated my contract.

This week, I accepted a job at a warehouse, and if you've been following me you'll know I hated it and it wasn't the job for me, I felt so isolated and alone, health and safety was bad, ( read other posts for more)  so today I left.

I feel like I need to rebuild myself, I feel like I need to be able to start from nothing again. But I don't know how.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Just take your time and go with what feels right.

Find the correct balance between activity and relaxation.

Spend as much time as you can with positive people who will help boost your confidence.

Write yourself a cracking CV and send it to places that you would be interested in working. Even if they are not advertising jobs at these places it doesn't mean that your CV won't drop in there laps at exactly the right time.

Get a good support system around you.

Gradually if everything around you feels more settled,then you will feel more settled and the answers to your future will come naturally without you even having to try.

Dont sweat the small stuff..shrug them off...they don't matter!!!

Write a list if the things you feel you need/want to do and start ticking them off as they are achieved.

And for me...routine is essential!!! It gives me marker point throughout the day and they are now also become things I do automatically instead of having to think to hard about them and analyse them xxx

You will find your way Hun..It may take a little time but you will xxx

• Posted

It's so fustrating because I thought I was doing well at my first job, but then that happened.

Then with the one I left today, I just didn't feel right, I feel bad that I left, but for me I want to be happy and getting money, not unhappy and getting money.

My minds took such a beating this week xxx

• Posted

You will be ok. You will find something else and as you said,it's better to be content in your working environment xx
  • Posted

Unfortunately lots of us work in jobs we hate, but for financial reasons we go to work. Yes it's a bonus if you're happy in the job you do, but the need for money is more important and a necessary fact of life. I suffer with anxiety and am often physically sick several times a day, but I've learned that nothing in life is free, just a case of grin and 

bare it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.