THE FUNNY SIDE OF TKR

Posted , 8 users are following.

Think we all need some cheering up. It's tough and slow progress post TKR. But that are humorous moments.

for example yesterday I walked along our High Street with crutches. Had an annoying itch on my nose. I gave it a quick scratch forgetting I had crutch attached and manage to get a man walking next to me full square in the stomach with the crutch. He was fine but he said someone had done the exact same thing to him yesterday. "Knee replacement?" he sighed. 

"Yes" I replied.

"I'm keeping out the way of you lot , you're out recruiting"

4 likes, 17 replies

Report / Delete

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Anyone else got funny stories to help us beat the TKR blues?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am now at the stage of trying to be 'independent' as my partner calls it. I decided that rather than disturb her I would make myself a tassimo coffee. I went to pull out the box containing the pods with both arms in my crutches but the box came out too far and toppled onto the floor spreading the pods in all directions. The racket brought my partner running to see if I was ok! I am now forbidden from trying to be independent unless theactivity has been vetted for safety and nuisance factor by my other half!!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Love that story!  Keep them coming
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

ha ha 

nice one  poor man .... He must be a magnet to crutches 

I wish I'd been a spectator

Jean 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

my funny story 

was getting in the bath while on my own and then not being able to haul myself out 

i had to ring my daughter...luckily she has a key.

we howled with laughter as it wasn't a pretty sight

and then she told me off.... I felt like the child and her my Mother 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Soobeedoo,

The first week home I sat on the edge of the bed to put my PJ bottoms on. The bed is on castors and rolled back, I slipped onto the floor. I had 3 Great Danes fighting on top of me as to who was going to help me! I couldn't move, my pjs were wrapped around my legs.

And of course, being asked, seriously, in the doctors waiting room if I had been attacked by a shark.

Caz x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Another funny happening today . Got stuck on the swimming pool steps, they're the ladder type. A nice young man decided to help by giving me a push up. Unfortunately my hands slipped on the railings and we both landed back in the water . Ooooops . Then I got the giggles and it took a few attempts to get out. I am avoiding the hoist at all costs
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up