The mind is a powerful thing, need some advice . Broken ankle

Posted , 8 users are following.

Ok, I reached out before. Thank you to everyone that commented for me. Now the mind is powerful and keeping that in the back of my head. I have another problem, which I am hoping someone can help me out with. I broke all 3bones in my ankle, had surgery( plates and screws holding bones together) I had the boot on for 2 weeks now. I had some concerns which I asked all of you about. Now I have another problem, my ankle has been aching nonstop for almost 2 days. I am prescribed pain meds and it helps alot. But this is the second day I seriously don't want to move my ankle. I have ice packs on the back and front of my ankle and still omg. I have been weight barring and there were days I didn't even use my crutches. It hurt but I was okay. Then I did something really dumb, clearly didn't think threw. Tried doing Zumba work out ,which realized about 5 minutes after starting. I am really scared I hurt my ankle again. I walked about 3/4 days with no crutches. Then my ankle started aching so I used both crutches walking around again. Its crazy how much this hurts. The pain meds aren't working at all. I've been icing my hole ankle and taking ibuprofen. The aching won't stop. Idw to go back to doctor or hospital. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it possible I over worked my ankle and that's why its so painful and swollen? Or do you think I messed something else up? I actually feel the plate on the one side and its bruised all round. Is it possible that I did something really wrong too it and should seek medical care or hold off and see if this pain stops?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

One of my biggest problems is waiting to long. Before seeking any medical help. But your ankle is very painful, trust me I literally know. But I don't want to go to the doctor and have them say its normal. So basically my question is ,could I have done anything to hurt my ankle. Could I of moved anything that was put in? Is that possible? Or did I over work myself and now pay for it. Let's be real, what was I thinking, seriously. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Posted

Hey melody

Its hurting non stop with bruising..i think you should call are go see your doctor asap but in the meantime elevate your feet .It take time to get back to your normal activities you should rest and be easy dont rush anything...wish u the best

• Posted

Absolutely at least get it checked. If nothing else than for peace of mind. But you very well could have injured something. Hope you didn't!!! Good luck. I wouldn't wait long.

• Posted

I would if the bruise is new call the doctor. I can tell you I had the same amount of breaks and a compound with nine on top of my foot out. When I went to boot the first few weeks was tough pain I was even afraid to take boot off. I did not do it unit maybe 3 weeks. I am about 8 weeks now post surgery and see dr Tuesday the pain is not bad so hang in there. I would listen to your body if in pain elevate and rest.
  • Posted

Melody, I would see your dr right away??

Get off your foot now and elevate immediately.

I wish u the very best. Stop rushing things.

I'm 5+ months & just walking shirt distance & swimming.

Karran

• Posted

It's always a good idea to have it checked out. Don't want to risk it heeling incorrectly. 

• Posted

Melody.   For pity's sake see your GP or other medical professional.   And do it NOW.

Get your foot off the ground - elevate and keep icing.

To me, pain, bruising and swelling means something is not quite as it should be.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.